21;

You sit in the cortex with Cisco, watching a movie on the computer or at least, trying to. Cisco wouldn't stop pitching his dumb plan on how to get you and Barry together. Sure, you liked Barry, but you didn't have the guts to ask him out and ruin your friendship. If he says no, then nothing would ever be the same, and you don't want to cause that.
"So, the plan is-"
"No, Cisco. There is no plan. I'm not asking out Barry."
"Ah! That's the beauty of this plan! You don't have to do anything."
"What?" Now you were intrigued.
"No, you're either in or out." You squint your eyes at him, in return he does the same.
"Fine. I'm in." He smiles brightly.
"Okay, so here's the plan."
____________
Cisco sits in his workshop, working on his vibe glasses when Barry walks in.
"Hey man, just wanted to ask if you wanted to go grab some Chinese with me and y/n." He says as he sits on a stool next to Cisco.
"Yeah, sure. Just let me get my stuff." He stands up and grabs his coat before turning around to look at Barry again. "Oh, I almost forgot, I don't want things to be weird or anything so that's why I'm asking you." Barry's brow furrows in confusion.
"Asking me what?"
"Is it cool if I ask out y/n?" Barry's face is filled with complete shock.
"Y/n? Y/n Y/l/n? The one who works here Y/n?"
"Well, I mean yeah. I think that's the only Y/n I know." Cisco chuckles then adds, "Look if things would be too awkward-"
"Why would things be awkward?"
"You know, because you like her?" Barry opens his mouth like he's about to object before Cisco interrupts. "I just thought since you're not taking a shot, I would."
"Oh, uh... Yeah, go for it man."
"Cool." Step one complete.
_____________
Barry sits by his suit on his phone, looking annoyed. You sit by the computers playing 8 ball pool with Cisco, who is on another computer.
"Not fair!" You yell at him.
"All is fair in love and war." Cisco replies, making you giggle. Barry loudly groans which cause you and Cisco to look at him in worry.
"Are you okay, Barr?" He turns off his phone, then gets up and walks out, muttering a quiet 'fine'. You look at Cisco once he's gone, only to see Cisco's wide grin. He raises his hand asking for a high five.
"Who's the best match maker ever?"
"I'm not seeing proof. He could just be on his meriod."
"His what?"
"His meriod. A man period. That's a real thing, I asked Caitlin."
___________
Barry steps into the lab, stopping in the doorway and leaning against the frame.
"Hey," He smiles warmly which cause you to smile. "Would you be interested in a movie night with me?" You make a noise of excitement.
"Yeah that'd be awesome. When?"
"How about tonight?"
"Aw, I can't. I have a date tonight."
"With who?" He sounds slightly angry and defensive.
"Cisco, actually."
"Cisco?" You nod your head. "Oh."
"Rain check?" You ask with a smile. He shrugs his shoulders and walks away quietly. You frown then continue your work.
____________
The next morning Barry barely looked at you. But he sure did look at Cisco. Angrily. Cisco leans over to whisper in your ear.
"Jealousy." You look at him with the 'yeah, sure, okay.' Look. He leans in again. "Okay, so after this I will get up and walk out. Follow me."
"Why?"
"It's all apart of the plan." You nod your head. "Giggle."
Cisco stands while you giggle and blush like a school girl. This makes you internally cringe. Barry looks at you, brows furrowed and an angry scowl on his face. You get up and follow Cisco. You hear Barry angrily scoff. You stand outside the door with Cisco. He mouths 'See!'.
"Someone sounds jealous." You hear Caitlin say to Barry.
"Am not."
"Please, you're not hiding anything. Everyone knows you like Y/n."
"Is it really that obvious?"
"Yep."
____________
You walk through the halls with a cart filled with food for the metas in the prison.
"Hey, Y/n! Wait up!" You stop walking and turn to a jogging Barry.
"Hey Barr."
"Hi, how are you?" You walk alongside him.
"I'm good, how are you?"
"Fine. How's Cisco?"
"Why do you say his name like that?"
"Like what?"
"With... hate, disgust."
"I-I just don't think you guys are a good couple." You stop walking and put your hands on your hips and scoff.
"Are you serious?"
"As a heart attack."
"And how is that any of your business?"
"It-it's not."
"Exactly. Why do you even care?"
"Why do I care? Because every day I wake up and the only thing I look forward to is seeing you! The reason I go out there every day, fighting meta humans is to protect you. The reason Iris and I didn't work out is because I couldn't stay away from you. I just want to be with you." You stand in surprise. Cisco was right. He liked you. "I love you." He loved you. "Please say something." He closed his eyes like he was cringing. You step forward and grab his face and kiss him with love. He pushes you off of him. "What about Cisco?"
"Don't worry about Cisco."
"But I thought-"
"It was a plan. He came up with a plan to make you jealous and get you to express your feelings."
"Ohhhh, that's not cool." He started chuckling and grabbed you by the waist and pulled you closer. He smiled brightly. "So does that mean you want to give us a try?" You nod your head. He smiles even brighter if that's possible.
He pulls you in for a long, lingering kiss. When you break, you're smiling largely too. "What about that movie night?" You ask.
"Are you asking me to Netflix and chill with you?" You push him away, playfully while laughing.
"No, I just want to cuddle and watch Divergent."
"Okay."
"Let me feed the metas and break up with Cisco then we can go."
"Oo, let me help!"
"Sure."
____________
You and Barry walk into the cortex, hand in hand. You grab your jacket quickly.
"Cisco, I'm fake leaving our fake relationship."
"I'm cool with it."