35;

There's that saying that people usually say to make themselves feel better,that Opposites Attract, and you had never been one to truly believe in it. Because surely you wouldn't get along with someone who was so different from yourself. It just wouldn't work.
But, because you had differences, it managed to keep things interesting as well as it felt like you were, as cheesy as it sounds, two halves to a whole. Everything you needed in your life, Barry was always there to cover for you and vice versa.
Where you were bold, he was shy. While he was always late (despite using his unfair advantage of speed), you arrived ten minutes early to anything. Where he was naïve, you were sarcastic. While he was awkward at times, you were very sure of yourself and your actions. While he stood tall at 6'2", you were lucky to reach 5'5" in three inch heels. His obsession with coffee seemed to be never ending, while you much preferred tea since you considered coffee to be too bitter no matter how much sugar or cream you added. You preferred to work and live in a clean, organized environment, Barry was perfectly comfortable throwing his jacket in the corner and letting it sit there until he needs it again.
Now it wasn't like you two had nothing in common. You were both very down to earth and extremely nice and very much so in love. You evened each other out really.

So here you were, in the West's household for their annual summer barbecue. Dozens of people stopped by and the house was full of energy and life.
With the house packed and the nice weather outside, Barry had easily convinced you to join him in the backyard to help Joe cook (though you knew he just wanted to escape the ever growing crowd).
Fifteen minutes later, the food was done and everyone was munching and chatting with each other happily.
Barry had dragged you to an empty picnic table so that you could chat in peace. And while you would've been happy to chat with Iris and Cisco for a bit, you could tell that all this interaction was draining Barry so you easily complied.
"That's so gross." You said as he put ketchup on his hot dog.
He glanced up at you and raised an eyebrow in question. "How is that gross?"
"Ketchup on hot dogs is gross!" You exclaimed, dramatically grabbing the mustard for your hot dog, like any normal person uses. "I can understand ketchup on cheeseburgers but it's barbaric to do that to a hot dog."
"You're barbaric because you can't even appreciate this refined cuisine. Maybe my pallet it just more developed than yours is." Barry gracefully responded with a mouthful, and the fact that he was so proud of his comeback caused you to laugh at how lovable he could be.
"Well," You challenged, "I think that you've been watching too much of Hell's Kitchen and Cutthroat Kitchen with me and now you think you're some sort of connoisseur." You giggled as you saw Barry's offended reaction.
"It's not my fault you always force me to watch Hell's Kitchen and the Kardashian's and that model show. I don't even see the appeal of those reality shows."
"Hey," You rebutted, tossing a french fry towards his general area at him (though with his stupid super speed he was able to catch it and quickly ate it in victory). "You loved America's Next Top Model and don't even try to tell me otherwise. You always made sure to spend Thursday at my house so we could watch it together."
Barry shook his head, amused by how much you loved those reality shows and competitions. While they weren't his favorite per say, he didn't mind sitting through them with you as long as he was cuddling you. "C'mon short-stuff," He brushed off the crumbs from his clothes before he stood up. "We've gotta go before Brusters closes and I break my promise of buying you ice cream tonight." He was determined to make it before closing time.
He saw your eyes light up at the mention of ice cream and held back his chuckle when it turned into a pout.
"But I've still got fries left," You sighed. "Not everybody is as fast as you are, Bare."
"Guess I'll just have to go without you then." He dramatically sighed, slowly trudging towards the West's front door, waiting a moment for you to catch up with you.
"I seriously hate you." You panted from the short but tiring run. Not everyone was fast enough that they could break the sound barrier.
"I love you too, short-stuff." He ruffled your hair playfully, though you nearly growled at the action since it's what all tall people did to short people just to piss them off.
Yep, that was definitely hate you felt in the pit of your stomach.

"We should watch Chopped." You said as you plopped down on your couch while Barry left to put the leftover ice cream in the freezer.
"Or,"He lifted your feet so that he could sit at the end of the couch before he laid your legs back down on his lap. "We could watch the news and see what's going on in our city." He suggested.
"What are you? A sixty year old lady who watches the news every night?" You joked, nudging him with your foot to tease him.
He glared at you and when he decided that you weren't paying enough attention, he snagged the remote from your grip and switch to the news.
Half an hour later the news was over and you had nearly fallen asleep during it (though at one point you conveniently shifted to use Barry as you pillow and splay out on the rest of the couch). The only thing you actually picked up was that there was no recent meta activity but the was going to be a subway opening up a block away from your apartment, making that the best news you've heard all day.
"Babe," Barry nudged your head gently with his shoulder to see if you were awake. It was probably only a little past ten but with the Barry filled day you had had, you were exhausted. "You up?"
"Mhmm." You mumbled, cuddling deeper into Barry's warmth. You didn't wanna move. Sleep and Barry was the only thing on your mind at that moment.
"C'mon, let's get you to bed." He muttered as he gently lifted you from the couch, carrying you bridal style to your bedroom before he deposited you on the bed.
Minutes later, you felt the bed dip and a shirtless Barry wrap you up in his embrace.
"Night, short-stuff. I love you."
He was warm and he smelled distinctly like coffee (and while you hated the taste, the smell of it was bliss). There wasn't really any flaws you could find within that man. And while he did have some weird likes and strange personality traits, you knew that you would never change a single thing about him if you were given the chance. He was perfect the way that be was.
Little did you know, he felt the same way about you