41;

It felt like nearly everyone knew of Barry's secret identity. So the fact that he had managed to keep that from you still was nearly unbelievable.
But, in a way, Barry almost always preferred it. This way he was able to spend time with you without letting Flash business get in the way. Almost like as soon as he saw you all the troubles he encountered that day faded away and he was free.
But that also had his drawbacks since it was like he was hiding a part of his life from you and you weren't oblivious to this fact. He wasn't a great liar and you weren't stupid. But you also weren't one to pry. He'd tell you or you'd confront him eventually. Lucky for him, that time hasn't come yet.
But Barry has proven time and time again that he's no good with keeping secrets.

Cisco's name popped up on Barry's phone and he nearly ignored it since he was already so behind with his paperwork and Cisco was probably just bored and wanted to talk to someone. At the last second he decided to against himself and reached to answer his phone.
"Hey Cisco," Barry sighed, now splitting his attention between the boy on the phone and some crime scene write ups.
"Barry!" Cisco exclaimed. "Where are you? I've called you twice already. Never mind that," Cisco sighed annoyingly. "There's some type of hold up at the office Y/n works at. No more information is known at this point since they're keeping the whole building on lock down until their demands are met."
At the very mention of your name, Barry ran off and quickly dressed in his suit while he talked with Cisco on his earpiece instead.
"Are they metas or just regular criminals?" Barry asked, not really bothering to wait for an answer and he sped to the familiar office building.
"Don't know," Cisco replied. "Just figured you'd want to know that she was in trouble either way. Metas or no metas. News says there are reports of hostages."
Barry silently agreed as he cautiously passed the police brigade and ran right into the lion's den.
Thankfully, it was regular everyday criminals and wouldn't take Barry too long to fix this situation.
There were about six men, all wearing military camouflage in combination with their rifles. Barry would be scared if he couldn't stop a speeding bullet but thankfully he could.
At first the perpetrators didn't notice him as they were too busy raiding cash registers and breaking into anything else that looked like it contained something valuable. There was no obvious hostages, meaning no one was lying on the floor with guns pointing at them but he also didn't doubt that there were hidden in another room. He just prayed that you were alright.
Quickly, he took down the three men in the room before they were to notice him. Step one, complete. Step two was to try and free the hostages Cisco told him about. And step two is where many more things could go wrong.
The next room was clear, leading Barry into a much bigger office space. Countless cubicles filled the room while the three other men patrolled the hostages.
This time, they noticed him and were quick to aim other guns.
Shots were fired but Barry dodged them all with a smug grin on his face. "Gonna have to try harder than a few measly bullets to stop me."
One man whispered something into the other's ear with a smile on his face as they took action. "If bullets can't stop you then maybe this can." Without a second thought he pointed the gun at the hostages. Barry's eyes fell on you and he instantly took off running. He caught the twelve bullets that were unleashed and his hands stung slightly at the pain. But that sting was nothing compared to the fear he felt over the possibility of losing you.
Screw the money, they could take that. Right now he had to rescue the innocent people that just happened to get caught up in this mess. There were only five hostages but there was no way he could transport them all at once.
And, just his luck, you were one of the hostages.
He automatically reached for you first but you shook your head. "No," your voice quivered as rejected his request to save you first. "Help them first. Natasha's hurt, I can wait, Flash."
Barry debated this for a second but he knew how stubborn you could be and he didn't have any time to waste.
Finally the other four hostages were safe in police care. "Are you okay?" He automatically asked once you were outside the building. The police instantly charged in the building to take back control and capture the perpetrators.
You were obviously shaken at the near death experience but you wouldn't let The Flash know that. "I'm okay..."
Barry instantly took you into his arms and gave you the tightest hug imaginable. And that's when you broke.
Central City was supposed to be a safe place with The Flash and he usually proved that to be true but it seemed like today was a very close call. As soon as those shots rang, you were sure that was the end of it. Sobs racked through your body as you buried your head into his neck. "Thank you."
"It's okay," Barry whispered, rubbing your back in an attempt to calm you down and he refused to let go of you till you've substantially calmed down. "I've got you. You're alright." He cooed in your ear. Finally when your breathing eventually evened out he pulled back slightly, only enough so he could get a good look at your face. When he glimpsed the tears staining your cheeks, he was quick to wipe them away. "You're okay."
Instinctively, he pressed his lips to yours in a quick, reassuring kiss before he bolted away to his next task.

And these incidents seemed to occur much more frequently after this little encounter.
A bank robbery, you just happened to be there. A meta causing a ruckus in the park, there you were. You just happened to be on the train ride that a meta decided to hijack.
Maybe this was all a coincidence and Barry was just over analyzing things but it seemed to him like you were suddenly throwing yourself in harm's way and Barry had to get to the bottom of why.
Just as he decided to investigate, his phone went off.
A text from you: We need to talk...

"Hi, Bare," You smiled, setting your purse down on the coffee table while you shrugged off your coat.
Barry's palms were sweating as he noticed how relaxed you were. Didn't 'We need to talk...' mean 'I'm actually going to break up with you'?
"It's freezing cold for November. Should'a worn a scarf and hat like you suggested this s'mornin."
"I thought we had to talk about something." Barry finally sputtered out, fearing the worst. He couldn't stand anymore small talk if things were about to end here.
You sighed. "Yeah, I guess we do have to talk. I don't even know where to start." An awkward laugh escaped you as you picked at your chipping nail polish. "I assume you've noticed that I've been acting a bit off this past week?"
He nodded. Ever since the attack on your work, he'd noticed things were different. At first he assumed that you had discovered he was the Flash and you were pulling away due to that. He didn't know what else it could have been. Everything seemed to be perfect up until that day. Eventually he just decided that you were dealing with the aftershocks of the attack but you would eventually come to terms with that and things would return to normal.
"I don't know where to start," you repeated, running through the events that led you to this exact moment. "I can't lie to you, and I don't want to either which is why I'm telling you this now. Remember how I told you all about the attack on my work and how the Flash saved us all?"
Barry nodded, suddenly unsure as to how this related considering how the direction of this conversation was surely headed to the whole 'it's not you, it's me' spiel.
"Well," You awkwardly fidgeted with your fingers while you avoided looking at him. "After the others were safe, Flash ran me to safety and, for some reason, he wanted to make sure I was okay. I don't know if he did it with the other hostages or if it was just me, but that isn't really important now."
Barry stayed silent. He knew he had screwed up that day but he was so worried that he wasn't in the right mindset to begin with, knowing you were a part of that situation. He was thrown off and now he was going to have to face the consequences.
"Long story short, he ended up kissing me. And... and Bare I feel so awful." Wiping tears off your cheeks, you finally met his gaze and Barry felt his stomach twist at how torn up you were and how he was the cause of this. "I don't know if you'd consider this cheating since, y'know, everyone has a different definition of it but I do. I totally view that as cheating and maybe I wouldn't if I had pushed him away or regretted it after. But instead I just wanted to see him again and ask him why. Why would he kiss me? And I wish I had told you sooner because you deserve to know but I didn't want to actually admit that it happened but it's the least I could do since you deserve to know."
"Y/n," Barry gulped, wrapping his hands around your clasped ones. He knew he had to come clean since he was the reason for this situation. "I would consider this cheating."
Wrong thing to say. He thought he'd be clever and witty, trying to make the situation a bit lighter but he only mad it worse as a choked cry escaped your mouth. Barry pulled you into a hug, rubbing your back and humming quietly to soothe you, similarly to how he did that day.
"I would consider it cheating," he repeated, "If it weren't for the fact that it was me who kissed you out of fear that I could've possibly lost you that day. I kissed you in hopes to soothe you as well as to satisfy my constant need to kiss you whenever I see you."
As your cries quieted, Barry pulled back slightly to wipe your face. "Wha...?" It was clear what he was insinuating but he couldn't possibly be telling the truth.
"It's not cheating if you kissed me. I'm the Flash, baby."