47;

Barry Allen was fast, but not even he could be in two places at once. Usually this was okay, because he wasn't needed in two places at the exact same time. Today was different. Today he would have to make a choice.
You were sitting in your apartment watching the news when the door was bust down. Before you could move you were frozen in place. It wasn't by choice, you couldn't move. It was like you were paralyzed. Then a metahuman stepped into your line of vision. It was one of the twins that Barry had been trying to catch. They had been robbing backs. They've already killed four people. He had a gun pointed at you. "What do you want?" you asked reluctantly. "I want you to call that little boyfriend of yours and tell him to come home right now." he said maliciously.
He then went on to explain his plan. He and his brother figured the only way to successfully rob the bank, they would have to get the flash out of the way. If the flash found out his darling girlfriend was in harm's way he wouldn't hesitate to come and save her leaving the bank. He then instructed you that you were to call Barry. He told you that if you faltered, or tried to send a secret message he wouldn't hesitate to shoot you.
You suddenly found that you were no longer paralyzed. The meta handed you your phone and signaled to call. Your mind was racing, what were you supposed to say. The phone rang three times before Barry picked up. "Babe I'm kinda busy right now trying to prevent a bank robbery. Can this wait?" he asked. You could tell he was getting ready to suit up. "Barry I need you to forget about the bank and come home right now" you replied. "You know that I can't do that, there are innocent people who could be hurt or even killed if I don't go" he answered. "Is everything okay?" He asked suddenly concerned. You could here the alarm in the background, he must be at the bank now, it already started. "Yeah everything is fine, I will see you in a few seconds, I love you" you said. "I love you too, I'll be home as soon as I'm done here." You were careful to mute Barry's end of the call instead of hanging up. He would be able to hear everything that was going on, but you couldn't hear him.
The Meta took the phone from you and placed it on the table. "Is he coming?" he asked. "Yes", you answered before looking away. The Meta waited for a minute before getting upset. "Where the hell is he?" he demanded. "I don't know" you answered. Suddenly a news alert came on catching your attention. 'The Flash has retrieved the hostages from inside the bank. He is now fighting one on one with the Meta.' The other Meta looked at you in disgust before firing a shot into your chest. He left to assist his brother.
It was a weird sensation. Your chest burned but you were cold. You tried to put pressure on the wound but it hurt so bad. That is when you remembered that Barry could hear everything. "Barry I have you on mute so I can't hear you. But I just want you to know that this isn't your fault, I don't blame you, I love you. I love you so much Bar–" you were interrupted by a gush of wind. Barry came into your line of vision "Hey, you are going to be okay" he said picking you up cradling you in his arms. He was mildly concerned with the amount of blood you had lost. "Did you catch them?" you asked. "Yeah, they won't hurt anyone ever again" he said as he sped you to the lab.
Caitlin had forced Barry to leave as she operated on you. The last thing that you remembered was Barry holding your hand telling you that everything would be okay. When you woke up Barry was sleeping in a chair next to your bed. Caitlin was checking your vitals. "How do you feel?" she asked when she noticed that you were up. "I feel decent for someone who got shot yesterday" you replied. "Fair enough, if you want pain meds you can press the red button. If you need me press the blue one, or yell." she said before leaving the room.
You refocused your attention on Barry. He was so cute when he was sleeping. You frowned slightly when you noticed his eyes were red. You were debating whether or not to wake him up. He was so peaceful. "Barry" you whisper. Nothing. "Barry" you said a little louder. "Hmm" he replied. "I love you sleepyhead" you said. A small smile crept on his face. It took him a moment to open his eyes. "How do you feel?" he asked grabbing your hand. "I'm fine" you replied. He frowned "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you" he said quietly. "Barry. It wasn't your fault. Look at all the people you saved." you responded. "I know, but you could have died." he said tearing up. "But I didn't" you started, "I'm sitting right here and I am okay. You saved me Barry. I'm fine." you answered gesturing for him to join you in the bed. The two of you just laid together like that for a while.