no. 18 | me

Narrator

Hermione and Harry were going on their date for their 4 year anniversary.

Hermione decided to tell Harry everything. Of course, something had to go wrong.

"Harry, I have-" Hermione said as the waiter left to go get their drinks but got cut off when Octavia chimed in.

"Hey, guys." She said bubbly.

Hermione smiled and Harry waved.

"Aww, did I interrupt something? I'll leave now." She said leaving.

"Now, what were you going to say?" He said turning his attention back to Hermione.

Hermione opened her mouth to say it but smiled instead and held his hand. She didn't have the heart to tell him. She didn't want to break him. After everything they've been through, this is going to be the hardest thing ever.

"Hermione?" Harry hummed.

"Yeah? Sorry." She smiled.

-

"Oooh, look at that one!" Harry said pointing to the movie.

"Mione?" Harry said noticing Hermione was distracted.

"Harry? I love you, okay?" Hermione said before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"Somewhere private and alone." She said before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

-

Hermione sat down and summoned a piece of paper and pencil. As she wrote, tears flowed down endlessly.

Dear Harry,
  I love you. You've been in my life since first year. And I'm so grateful for you. We've been through very good and bad times. Those bad times brought me down when good times brought me up. I do know for sure that all those good times I've always cherished? you're in every single one. that is why it's so hard for me to do this. i can't. im not ready. ive always been ready, but somehow you managed to make me lose that streak. it's not a surprise we both love each other very much. i need you to promise me one thing, please. i know you'll be tempted to go after me after you read this, but don't. please, don't. in the box attached to this letter is your box. your proposal box. inside, is the ring. this is the hardest choice ive ever made. something in me told me that this was right and something told me it wasn't. im canceling the engagement. this doesn't mean i don't love you. im just not ready. im confused. im lost in a black hole. an endless void of nothing. i need some time to find myself. one day, we'll truly be together. i love you, harry james potter.
  - Hermione Granger xx

Hermione folded it and flicked her wand; making it appear in her hotel room. She apparated herself somewhere far. Far and far. Somewhere no one, not even Harry, could find her.

[a/n: IM SO SORRY.]