no. 19 | bye

Narrator

Harry came back in and immediately saw the letter. He unfolded it and read it. Halfway through the letter, he opened the box and tears made their way down.

im cancelling the engagement

As he read it and finished, he read again and again. He opened the box and saw the ring he proposed with. He got out his wand and apparated to Hermione's safe place, surprisingly an island.

"Hermione?" He called out.

Where else would Hermione go? He thought before life hit him with realization.

It couldn't be. He thought before apparated back to the cruise.

It's true. She's gone. He thought setting down the letter and appeared him and his stuff back to the Grangers.

-

"She's gone." Harry said breaking down in front of Hermione's parents.

"Harry, she knew it was time." Mrs. Granger said.

"She left you this letter and kissed you goodbye." Mr. Granger said.

Hermione, I'll never stop loving you. Even though you are gone, you are in my life one way or another. It's us or no one against the world. I lost you. I don't know what I have done, but I love you, Hermione Jean Granger.
-Harry Potter xx

Harry placed it down hoping she would see it. He went downstairs to get some food and he saw the letter disappear. He smiled to himself.

Always.