Chapter Five

Cold sweat laced your body. The covers were tossed on the floor. You were breathing heavily, eventually beginning to wheeze because of it.

     Occasionally night terrors would strike, and you would think that it was more terrifying being outside the walls and experiencing them. But, it was just as bad. Anywhere, it would be terrible. It just felt too real that time.

      As your thoughts started to slow, the quiet chirp of the crickets helped calm your racing heart, by a fraction. You already knew that you would not be getting anymore sleep tonight.

     But why did it snap it's head towards the door? As you slowly sat up, you could hear footsteps grow nearer to the end of the hall, meaning-it was either the Corporal, or some creep that broke in. You went with the first option. You heard the door across the hall open, and close silently.

     Climbing out of bed, and stepping over the strewn blanket and comforter, you made your way over to the window. Sitting on the stone sill, you gazed out at the slightly covered moon. Wishing that you were a star, and get to laugh at everyone else. At all of the people struggling to stay alive on a whim.

     Sighing audibly, you leaned up against the wall, and stared at the peaceful sky, mind still racing, till dawn.

Time skip to morning

You already had your daily clothes on. Today was the day where you were going to get your actual uniform. After pulling on your tall leather boots, you brushed your knotted hair, and put it up. ( Into a hairstyle of choice, or if you have short hair, leave it down. Something related. ) Afterwords, you made your bed, sighing as you reminisced on the night before.

Sitting down on your freshly made bed, you wait. Finally hearing the door across the hall swing open, and hear footsteps come close to your door. Chik. Your door swung open to reveal a grumpy Corporal. "Get your ass up off your bed and come eat breakfast, you lazy ass." The short man grumbled as you swiftly made your way to the door, passing through it, and hearing him slam it behind you.

Still being troubled by last nights terror, your usually grumpy-looking face seemed troubled, lost in thought. "Oi brat. We're here." His voice snapped you back to your senses and you pushed open the double doors leading to the dining hall.

Authors short note-Hello, I am sorry to those people who became interested in this awful story, summer break is nearing its end, and that means.....school. I resent school. And I am currently typing this all on my phone, and that is the reason to the short, shitty chapters. But thank you for all of those people who are willing to read this story! Enjoy.