Chapter Twenty-Nine

This chapter will consist of flashbacks.
Your feet hit the cobblestones quietly as you ran back to your home, the underground. You had just stolen some valuable salt, and before that, you had snuck up into wall Sina. The rancid smell of decay, sickness, and death filled your nostrils as you ran down the now dirty streets.

     Cutting through an alleyway, you walked over to your house. It was rundown and small, but extremely clean. Your mom helped you clean, and since she was sick most of the time, you went out and stole.

     A gross smell filled your nose as you opened the door. Usually you would call to your mom, but, it was eerily quiet. No sound of a rocking chair, no sound of book pages flipping either. Slowly walking into the room, you witnessed a horrific sight. A body, with (H/C) hair, matted red. You dropped the salt, and rushed over. Breathing heavily, you turned your mom over, to see five stab wounds in her chest. Her (E/C) eyes were still open, wide from shock. You hovered your hand over her eyes, and when you removed it, she looked peaceful.

    Standing up, you knew that you couldn't stay here, and raided your house for valuables, and things that meant a lot to you. You took one last look at your mom, and then left. No tears were shed. None.

      Three months later

     You were on the outskirts of town, and were hoping to get some money for the salt you stole a while back. It was the wrong place to be for a twelve year old girl to be with loads of grown men. You walked carefully, hoping not to be noticed. And guess what, you did get noticed, by the wrong people.

     You remember exactly what they said, "hey kid. We got a deal, and a little extra money, come with us." There were three of them. One that was unnaturally tall, another that was lanky, and looked like he hadn't eaten in years, and the last one, he was plump, and short, obviously the leader. The fat guy went and grabbed your arm, and you pulled out a pocket knife, and slashed his hand. He cursed, and the tall one took a few strides after you, as you had started to run, and easily pulled you into a dark alleyway.

•••••

     The lanky one pushed you up against the cobblestone, while the others started to violate your body. You were kicking, and thrashing, yet their grip was iron. When the fat one got your pants down, he smiled, and all you could see was malicious intent. You felt like a rabbit, and the three were wolves.

     It felt like you were being ripped apart. You screamed, and screamed. Nobody came. Every time you screamed, they would slash either your abdomen, arms or thighs. Blood spilled everywhere.

•••••

     The next week, you left the underground, and went to live outside the walls, like your dad had once done.

     And now here you are, fourteen years later, in the Survey Corps.