Chapter Thirty-Three

Today was the day where everyone would try to make it to Wall Maria and into Eren's basement. Nobody rested until everything was ready.

The gates noisily opened and everyone charged forward. The group split into formations. Squad Levi was in the safest place in the formation.

Petra was talking with Eren before he turned around and asked, "How long have you been in the Corps?" You looked at him and a small smile crept onto your face. "Only a few months before you." He looked shocked, and slowed his horse down to match pace with yours.

"How?" He asked over the sound of the wind and horse hooves. You sighed and told a very vague answer. "I got brought into here by Levi and Commander Erwin." You then added more, "And this is not my first expedition." Eren nodded and asked a surprising question, "I heard from someone that you used to live outside of the walls." You smiled brightly and replied, "Yeah. Yeah I did." His ocean colored eyes lit up and he asked yet another question. "Have you seen the ocean?" You smiled again and said, "No, but my parents used to talk about it. They said it spread out as far as the eye could see, and it was dark blue." His eyes shone, and he smiled brightly.

It was dead silent. Too quiet. Everybody seemed tense and on edge. No flares had come from the right flank, and you had started to become restless. Right after you noticed that the right flank was not responding, someone came into view, and said frantically, "The right wing is wiped out! Carry the message on to Commander Erwin!" Levi then looked at you and said, "You heard him, (Y/N) go!"

The wind whipped in your hair as you made your way up to the groups in the front. You assumed that Levi made you go, as you used to live out here, and knew how to get out of a bad situation without 3DMG.

You just told Erwin, and rode back to Squad Levi.

Not an hour had passed when the Forest of Giant Trees came into view. You knew this place like the back of your hand. Every path a titan took, where all of the deer hide, and so on. You passed under the canopy of trees that formed the entrance and immediately a sinking feeling overcame you.

Nobody spoke. No titans showed up. Until now. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. Heavy footsteps shook the earth behind you. You looked back, and oh you wished you hadn't. A huge female looking titan was running after you. It's haunting eyes staring straight at you.

People came in front of it to try and stop it, but the thing just swatted them away and killed them. You urged your horse to go faster as the titan was gaining. "Captain! Your orders!" Petra screamed. "Captain!" You then screamed at Eren, "Don't look back goddammit!" "People are dying! We need to help!" Eren then yelled at Levi before his hand came up towards his mouth.

Your eyes widened. The titan was on top of the squad now, and everyone started to panic. Never in the years you lived outside of the walls had you seen a titan quite like this one. It was covering its nape and was extremely intelligent. Petra then screamed at Eren, "Do you not trust us!? Believe in us Eren!" Your mind remained hazy as Levi told a whole speech about not regretting your decision. Eren decided not to turn and not even five minutes later, you heard someone yell, "FIRE!" Ear piercing booms then followed and Levi disappeared, telling Eld to be in charge.

Everybody stood or sat in a huge branch, and waited for Levi to signal a flare. Oluo began to accuse Eren and other people of the squad for supposedly knowing a secret. Soon after, a flare shot up, and you moved on.

"Hey (Y/N) did you piss your pants on your first expedition?" Oluo asked teasingly. You shot a glare and then he said, "Oh wait, you ran off with your horse and didn't come back!" "Piss off." You yelled. Everybody started to laugh as they teased each other. That mood soon dropped as a hooded figure came into view. That isn't Levi. In a flash Gunther was hanging from his wires, dead.

A blast of heat and a bright yellow light then revealed the female titan that was chasing you earlier. You, Petra, Oluo and Eld all started going after it. "Eren! Go to HQ as fast as you can! Do not look back!" You screamed.

Even though You practically just met these people, the synchronization was there. Everyone twirled around her. First, the eyes. Eld then swooped in, going for her nape. It happened in slow motion. She bit into Eld as he was flying past her. Horror. "ELD!" Petra screamed at the top of her lungs. You were shocked. It all happened too fast. Petra. Slammed into a tree. Oluo. Kicked away.

You could hear Eren coming back as she locked her one eye with yours. Fear. You screamed, "EREN NO!" He bit down onto his hand just as you were slammed into a tree. A muffled titan scream became white noise to you. At the worst time, the forgotten nightmare titan appeared behind your eyelids. You couldn't move. Your stomach was ripped open, left wrist broken, head and arms bleeding. The once white pants were now a dark red. Silence. Fuck.

You opened your eyes, and force your body up. You were almost half dead. But, the female titan was no where to be seen, only huge footprints where she had run off. You checked your 3DMG and it was beyond repair. Soon everything went black as you fell.

Levi

I saw him. Hanging upside down from a tree as I passed by slowly. Gunther. I then went into a clearing and I saw half of a bloody body. Eld. I looked to my right and saw a mangled body which I recognized. Oluo. I then flew over to my left and saw a petite form pushed up against a tree in an unnatural position. Petra. The only thing is, where is (Y/N)?

Panic filled my system as I feared the worst. A faint screech of metal against metal filled my ears as I looked up. And there she was. Hanging upside down, (E/C) eyes dull. I immediately flew up, and felt her pulse. Thump. Thump. Thump. It was there. She was alive. Barely. I put her up onto a branch and flew the direction of the footsteps.

(Y/N)

Why is everything grey? It's so peaceful. Wait. Where am I? Fuck.

You opened your eyes to see a blue sky starting to turn orange. Someone's green cape was wrapped around your stomach, and you could see red start to soak into it. You started to feel lightheaded, and black started to invade your vision. The last thing you felt was the ground start to shake.

Hello! I'm so sorry that this chapter did not come out earlier. And.....I think that I am going to do a chapter full of nightmares, as the italic seems to be working again. And to clear some things up. Levi did not move you to leave you there to die. He gave Mikasa Eren, and then flew back to get you. I hope you liked this chapter! And again, thanks for reading!