Chapter Twenty-Five

That night was horrible. You drifted between worlds, seeing Levi's desk one second, then hearing the dreaded screams all around you.

     When morning arrived, you fell into a deep sleep, the light keeping most of the terror away.

Two more days.

      Petra came in to check on you regularly, and you started falling asleep during the day instead of night. That is when you would train. At night. The whole room had to be lit up, or your mind would play tricks on you, and you would see eyes in the shadows.

      You ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the squad, and became quite close to them. Oluo, he annoyed the living shit out of you, yet you would come up with a snarky comeback every time. Petra, she was now a mutual friend, and was very kind to you. She often sided with you in Oluo's arguments. Eld, he was your training partner, when you would train with everyone, and always laughed. Gunther, good friends with Eld, always made somewhat funny jokes, and used to be your training partner.

      "I bet you only took down two titans when you were outside of the walls. Tch. Pathetic." Oluo spat confidently. You didn't even look at him, and said, "I lost count at fifty." He looked pissed, and scoffed, "Your lying!" Now you looked over at him, and lifted your shirt until below your bra. Everyone looked stunned.

      Your abdominal area was littered with scars, and some of them were from a titan grabbing you tightly. The whole mess hall was silent. You then tucked your shirt back into the white jeans that you were wearing.

      That night you walked down the corridor to the showers. Coming close to the door, you could see steam pillow from underneath the door. You opened the door, making sure nobody was around, and walked in, closing it behind you. Some random cadets were in there, and were gossiping. You quickly stripped, and turned on a shower head. They both looked at you, obviously judging you.

       One had olive skin with dark, curly hair. She had a pretty big bust. The other had long, blonde hair with striking ice blue eyes. Bigger butt.

       You put some (favorite scent) shampoo into your hand, then rubbed it into your scalp. The sooner you could get this done, the sooner you wouldn't feel eyes burning into your back.

      Once you were done, you swiftly turned off the shower head, and slipped clothes on. These girls were still showering. You left, letting them potentially get yelled at by a mob of angry boys.

      You entered Levi's office, and then into the bedroom. Lifting the covers, you slipped under them, hoping to get at least some sleep.

      When it didn't work, you grabbed your sketchbook, something that you hadn't had the time for in a while, and started to draw Levi. From the basic shape of his face to his obsidian colored hair, you became lost in the world of art.

     It was then when you realized that you wanted more than friendship. You wanted him to feel the same way, but you knew it would never happen.