Chapter Fourteen

You were standing still. Silence. You suddenly heard light footsteps. Those of a child. As you turned around, nothing was there. Now walking forward, on the path that had plagued your dreams lately. You now heard the same footsteps behind you, and you spun around....nothing was there. You quickly started jogging on the path, and heard the footsteps begin behind you again, this time, going faster. You started running, and they, or it, started after you again. Now sprinting, you heard a shrill scream come from behind you, and the smell of putrid flesh, and blood filled your nose. Turning around, nothing was there....again...but, the screaming didn't stop, in fact, it sounded like it was coming from all around you. You tried covering your ears, and when it didn't work, the screaming reached to a screech. The last thing you saw before you woke up was the thing that resembled you, with its insides in knots, and it's jaw hanging off it's face.

     Jolting awake, you found that you could move, and you leaped up out of your bed, and banged on your door or Levi to open, for it was Erwin's command to keep it locked. Once you heard the other door across yours open, and the faint chik from yours, tears now threatening fall, and you saw his annoyed, yet slightly concerned face, you lost it. Collapsing onto the floor with you head on your knees, wrapping your arms around them.

     This night terror was one of the worst you have ever had. As Levi crouched down, and picked you up, bringing you into his room, shutting the door behind you, you were shaking, and now crying. He set you down onto the uncomfortable sofa that he had in his office, unwrapped your arms from your knees, and asked in a soft tone, "what the hell happened in your dream?"

      Your breaths were ragged, and you were shaking. As you explained your nightmare to him, his face became more and more worried, as you went on. His face didn't show it, but his eyes did. They were like a ocean made of blue steel, and a storm came through and ripped it up.

     Morning arrived, and everyone was hurrying to get ready, some silently crying, knowing that this would probably be the last time that they saw their reflection, and their comrades. You however, were extremely excited, as you hadn't been outside of the walls in a month. Quickly strapping on your gear, you filled up your tanks with gas, and pulled your dark green cape over your shoulders. Leading your horse out of the stable-they managed to retrieve him/her.

     Hoisting yourself up onto the saddle, and getting into position-behind Levi- you waiting impatiently.

     Finally the time came, and you were in front on the gates, getting ready to depart, ignoring all of the crude comments from the towns people. The gates opened, and you were off into the familiar land.

     Once everybody went into formation, you had a feeling that you were going to go somewhat close to where you lived. Looking to your right, noticing a red tint against the bright blue sky, a titan spotted.

     Nothing came across your path until now, a black flare against the now, tainted orange sky meant only one thing, an aberrant. The squad kept pace, and soon you saw it emerge from the trees, a far way off.

     It was a 'crawler'. And it was extremely fast too. As it neared, your chance to leave the squad and go visit your old home grew closer, as you knew that everybody would go after it.

     They did. Circling around it, then going in for the kill. You swerved your horse to the left, and kicked its stomach, a signal to go faster. Your horse knew exactly where you wanted to go, and it sped off, faster than before.

     You heard the faint shouts of the squad that you are in. Passing the left flank without confrontation was successful.

     Seeing the old village come into view, it was currently night, and the titans would not be out. Leaping off your horse, and into the old home that you inhabited, and grabbing important things, valuables that you stole. Clutching onto the old drawing of your mother and father on their wedding day, and stuffing it into a compartment in your belt.

     Getting back on your horse, you sped off in the direction of the wall. The gate that you came from would take all night to get to.