Chapter Thirty-Four

You awoke on something soft. Your eyelids were extremely heavy, too heavy to move. You couldn't move your body either. The room felt extremely cold and lonely.

Fear rippled through your body. You didn't know why, it just kept flowing through. You heard footsteps and a sigh. Someone moved hair out of your face and then the room instantly felt warm again.

You forced one of your eyes open to see a blurry figure with a dark mop of hair on top of their head. Your vision cleared. Levi. A soft smile appeared on your face. You felt a slow but painful throbbing in your abdominal area every time you breathed.

Levi kept stroking your (H/C) hair. Even after he noticed you look at him. His eyes were soft and.....loving? You then opened your other eye and studied his face.

"Goddamn brat."

He muttered softly.

"Don't fucking scare me again."

Again. Now it was your turn to speak.

"I can't promise it."

"You better."

Throughout this whole conversation he was slowly leaning closer to you.

"I'm sorry."

You whispered softly.

"Don't be."

Those were his last words before his thin, chapped lips met yours. You melted into the kiss as he started to put more passion behind it. It was gentle and loving. Immediately you realized what message he was trying to get across to you. I love you. You returned the feeling by doing the same thing.

Levi pulled apart and looked at you softly. He grinned gently knowing that the feeling was mutual. You could now move your arms and you gently cupped his face. Soon after you fell into a peaceful sleep.

Levi

He could see the deadness in your eyes as you opened them. That normal flame was gone and he was worried.

But now, that flame started to ignite again, and he could see the spark in your eyes.