Chapter Twenty-Four

The day came when Levi, Hanji, Erwin and Mike were all traveling into the capital for a meeting. They would be gone for three days straight.

     The burns on your skin were starting to scab over, and you could walk. Not very far though. It still hurt to walk, and you wish that you could go back in time and not be so fucking stupid.

     Sleep was supposed to be your escape from the throbbing in your feet and legs. Except, it was a doorway into hell. Every dream the screaming, mutilated children would come out and stare deep into your soul. And without Levi being here, you knew that getting no sleep wasn't an option, but fearing for your life wasn't either.

     Levi had given you the job to ready the horses. Putting on the saddle on Levi's horse's back, and fastening it, you touched it's black silky mane.

     Because if your injuries, you at down on a pile of hay. You waited until the pain was mostly gone, and rushed the horses out into the open, limping when you could.

     The higher-ups came out and thanked you. Levi spoke in a low tone, "don't let those fucking night terrors get to you (Y/N)." You were surprised, as he almost never used your first name. Smiling, you saw him struggle to get onto his horse, and they then rode off into the afternoon. Sighing, you limped up to his office, already feeling lonely.

That night you stayed up doing the rest of his paperwork. There wasn't nearly as much. Therefore it only took you two hours.

Laying your head down onto the desk, you heard a knock, then the door open. Light footsteps entered the room, and made their way next to the desk. Looking up, you saw Petra.

      Lifting your head off from your arms, Petra noticed the dark circles underneath your eyes. You looked sad, tired, lonely, and disappointed in how stupid people are. "(Y/N) you need to get some sleep. You don't look too well." She spoke in a soft voice.

      Your scabs crackled every time you moved, and when you went to get up, crackle, pop. She looked unfazed by it. You were sure that she had seen or heard worse. "I'm going to make coffee. You should go to sleep. I can't." You said in a irritated tone. Opening the door, you walked down the stairs, and into the vacant mess hall.

      Opening one of the cabinets, you searched for the coffee, but then remembered that it had been long gone. You didn't feel like making tea, so you slowly walked back up into his office, and wished that you wouldn't fall asleep.

     Sorry for the short chapter. I just realized that none of Levi's squad is getting attention in this story.......can you guys please tell me if you want me to try to incorporate more of them, or just keep on doing what I am doing now. Thanks a lot!