Chapter Two

'To touch, to move, to inspire, this is the true gift of dance.' -Aubrey Lynch

I woke up to five concern faces looking down at me. "Am I in hell already?" I joked trying to sit up. A boy with curly hair, laughed. "Looks like she's fine." Once I was seated up right, I looked around the room. Don't know him, don't know him, don't know him, don't know him. I know him!

"Zayn?" I muttered realizing my throat was very dry.

"Liam get her some water." Zayn ordered the guy with a short buzz cut. He quickly got up and left the room.

"How are you feeling?" Zayn asked sitting down on the bed. I gave him a reassuring smile. "Peachy" Then realization kicked in. "How long have I've been out for?"

"More than an hour." My eyes widen and I started to panic. Whenever he was away he would call at 6:00 sharp, to make sure I was at home and wasn't out anywhere. I looked around for a clock, spotting one in the far corner, it read 5:24. Liam walked in with my water. He handing it to me, I gulped in down within seconds.

"I need to go home." I stated, getting out of the bed.

"No stay for the night." Zayn said grabbing a hole of my hand, I yanked my hand back. "No take me back to the park." I begged. He going to hit me again. Zayn was silent for a few seconds before he nodded. Standing up he grabbed my bag and handed it to me. I slipped on my shoes and walked out of the room, nodding to the boys and I walked past them.

It only took five minutes to walk back to the park. I continued walking past the park when I realized that Zayn still followed me.

"What are you doing?" I stopped and turning around to face him

"Walking you home?"

"No it's fine, I can walk the rest of the way."

"I'll walk you its fine." He stated, leaving no room for discussion. I sighed but muttered fine He smirked triumphantly, walking to catch up with me. Falling one step behind. We arrived at my place with five minutes to spare. Unlocking the door, I heard the phone ring. Racing to the kitchen where the phone was I picked it up just in time.

"Hello, how are you?" I said into the phone, silently panting.

"What have you begin doing today?" His voice was emotionless.

"I went to school and came straight home." I lied praying he won't picked up on it. I heard him nodded.

"I'll call tomorrow." He hangs up. I placed the phone down and turn around to see Zayn standing in the doorway.

"Who was that?"

"No one. You should get going before it gets too dark." He stares at, then turns around to walk back to the front door.

"I can't make it tomorrow for the project. Can we do it some other day?" I asked dropping my head to face the floor.

"Sure." He muttered, not sparing me another glance he walked away.

***

I looked in the mirror the next morning. The bruise on my face has faded, to a light purple colour. Applying some makeup to hide it, I walk to my closet and picked out some black leggings, a simple crop top and a big oversized cardigan. I left my hair down and slipped on some blank vans and grabbed an apple and walked out the door.

My phone buzzed. Turning it on, there was a message from the ballet studio. Hey Kirsten, You're lesson have been moved to today after school at 4. I'll see you then. Turning my phone off, I started walking to school.

***

Sitting down at the back of the room. I waited for the teacher to start the class. I had two periods of art, which mean I can spend it with Zayn and apologizes to him. He walks in the classroom and looks around, meeting my eyes he quickly turns the other way.

"Hey Jay, switch partners with me." I froze. Why was he doing this? Quickly standing up and stuffing my books in my bag, I ran out the classroom.

"Hey where are you going?" The teacher yelled as I passed her.

"To the toilets." I yelled not bothering to stop. I didn't stop at the toilets, I kept on running. I turned a corner and hit something hard.

"Hey are you alright?" A concern voice asked. I looked up and saw Harry.

"Hey Opal, what are you doing running down the corridors?" Before I could answer a teacher shouted.

"Who's there?" My eyes widen and so does Harry's. He pulled me up and we both took off running.

"That was so fun!!" Harry exclaimed as we sit down under a tree to breath. I nodded in agreement. We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before Harry asked, "So why were you running down the corridor in the first place?"

"It was nothing, I just had to get out of a classroom." I muttered. He nodded, like he understood.

For the rest of the two period we sat there and talked about the most random things. When the lunch bell rang Harry suggested that I have lunch with him. I agreed to it.

"Come on slow coach." He teased grabbing me hand and pulling me along faster. I smiled at his childishness. My smile dropped when I saw him. Zayn.

***

"So Opal how did you meet Zayn?" Louis asked, all the boys eyes turn to me except of Zayn's.

"Umm...My first day here, when I was seated next to hi-"

"No!" All eyes turn to Zayn, he blushed at his little outburst. "Go on." Niall said.

"It's nothing." He eyes meet mine sightly before he turned away.

"Opal!" I turn around and saw Jessica with another girl, running towards me. Embracing me, I laughed.

"I haven't seen you all day!" I looked over my shoulder at Harry and laughed.

"Opal, this is Eleanor." I gave her a hug and sat back down next to Harry. Jade sat down next to Niall giving him a kiss and Eleanor sat down next to Louis giving him a kiss. "They're a couple." Harry whispered in my ear. "I figured." I shot him a grin.

Lunch flew by really fast, by the time the bell rang, I felt like I knew these people from the beginning of time.

I walked back to my locker and got my books for English. Arriving in class no one was here yet, except for Zayn. Sitting down in a seat furthest away from him.

"Opal." I ignored him and started taking out my book.

"Opal sit with me."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"I tell everyone you dance at the park." My head shoots up.

"You wouldn't." I said but it was more like I was trying to convince myself.

"You know I would." He smirk proudly, patting the spot next to him. I shot him a glare but go up anyways and walked towards him sitting down next to him.

"Why are you mad at me?"

"What? You're the one who wanted to switch partners with someone else!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"I thought that you didn't want to be my partner." He exclaimed louder.

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled. He stared at me and broke into a boyish grin. He pulled me towards him and wrapped his strong arms around me.

"Please remain my partner." I nodded, and pulled away.

"You're such an idiot." I muttered

"A sexy idiot."

*What do you think? Comment and please vote if you're enjoying it!*