Chapter Eight

'It is with your feet that you move...But it is with your heart that you dance.'

"Soo, you two are dating now..." Jess asked, both Zayn and I nodded. Jessica and Eleanor erupted in squeals. "Finally! I was wondering how long it would take. Niall you own me $10!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Louis you own me $5!" Eleanor grinned smacking her boyfriend’s back playfully. The boys grunted but handed their girlfriends the money. I stared at them in disbelief, but a smile made its way to my face. Zayn wrapped his arm around me pulling me onto his lap, his warmth immediately embraced me. I felt someone staring at me, looking up I made eye contact with Harry.

"Harry what's wrong?" I asked getting off Zayn's lap and sitting down next to Harry. His plate of food was still untouched. "You're on a diet or something?" I teased, but I was starting to feel uneasy. He just stared at me, his usually bright green eyes were dull and had a hint of hurt

"Har-"

"You fell for it! You're such an idiot." He suddenly yelled laughing, flicking my nose. I was speechless, because I was sure he wasn't normal before. You can't fake emotions with your eyes, it just gives it away. But he was laughing like nothing was wrong and probably doesn't want me to ask.

"You bastard!  I thought that some aliens kidnapped you and replaced to with one of those metal contraption." I teased gently shoving him. He grinned and shoved me. I shoved him back with more force, he did the same.

"Alright you two idiots, stop before one of you gets shoved of-Told you." Liam sighed shaking him head. Harry was of the floor, groaning in pain. 

"I think I heard a crack." He muttered slowing getting up. Everyone cracked up laughing. 

"I'll get you back Opal." Harry playfully threatens getting off the floor and sitting down on the chair opposite on me. I stuck my tongue out making him laugh. At lease he was back to normal.

 ***

 The rest of the day was like a broken record. Girl after girl came up and asked me if I was really dating Zayn. I felt like writing it on my forehead so I didn't have to answer. 

Unlocking the front door, I took off my shoes and walked to the kitchen and nearly gasped. He was standing there munching on an apple. When he saw me he glared.

"Aren't you even going to hello?" He sneered making me wince a little from his tone.

"Hello, how was your trip?" I muttered, my gaze never left the floor.

"It was good, but I'm hungry now so make me something to eat. I'll be in my room, knock when you're done." He said and walked off. I felt my knees weaken, why is he back already? Snapping out of my daze, I took off my jacket and put on my apron and tied up my hair in a high ponytail and started cooking.

I decided to make some soup, since it was cold outside and it's easy to make. Chopping up some vegetables and washing it the doorbell rang. Wiping my hands on my apron, I quickly walked over to the door and opened it.

"Opal!" My eyes widen and I started to panic. The whole gang was outside my door smiling.

"Hey can we-"

"No! You guys have to go now!" I said pushing them out and was going to close the door, when Zayn stuck his foot in blocking the door.

"Opal, what's wrong?" He asked, voice full of concern, I quickly shook my head and smiled.

"I have visitors and they are sleeping." I muttered, pushing him out and closing the doors on him. Sighing, I went back to cooking. He probably wants to break up with now me. I thought to myself, a lone tear rolls down my face, wiping it away I tasted the soup and was smiled sightly, it was perfect. Plating it up, I placed it on the dining table. Walking up the stairs and down the hallway. I knock on his door.