Chapter Nine

'Sometimes I hurt because I dance, other time I dance because I'm hurt, either way dancing fixes it all.' 

My eyes snapped open and I sat up, frantically looking around. A wave of disappointment washed over me when I realized that I was in my bedroom. I looked down to my hand and clenched it trying to capture the left over heat. It was all a dream? But it felt so real, it was like Zayn was right here, holding my hand, protecting me. A lone tear rolled down my face, followed by another and another.

Lying back down, I shut my eyes.

***

"Miss Opal! Miss Opal!" I quickly snapped out of my daze and looked up. 

"Yes Miss?" I mumbled rubbing my eyes and letting out a yawn.

"Go wash your face then come back!" She order with an eye roll. I quickly got out of my seat and exited the classroom. Walking down the hallway when a familiar voice stopped me.

"Opal! Wait up!" Harry yelled running to catch up with me. "Where you going?"

"The drinking taps." I replied continuing to make my way outside. I felt him follow me all the way outside and stand next to me while I was drinking.

"Is there something you need?" I asked wiping my mouth with the back of my sleeves.

"Louis is holding a party for Eleanor’s 18th birthday and he wanted me to ask you if you could make it?" He asked with a hint of hopefulness in his voice. I gave him a little smile.

"I'll have to check with my father first, but I'll text you tonight." I told him. A grin spread on his face, making me slap his chest playfully.

"Such a child." I muttered under my breath. He chuckled deeply and lightly punched my arm. I stepped on his toes making him squeal in pain.

"You're the child!" He exclaimed, lifting me off the ground and up over his shoulders.

"Put me down! Don't you dare fart Harry?" I laughed hitting his back.

"What are you two idiots doing?" I lifted my head up slightly to see the whole gang with amuse smiles on their face watching us.

"She stepped on my toe."

"He punched me."

"She slapped me." 

"Did not." I lied.

"Did too."

"Did not." I instantly squealed when I felt myself begin lifted off Harry's shoulders and placed on the ground. 

"Hey." I looked up to meet Zayn's beautiful brown eyes, I smiled and tip toed to place a kiss on his lips. Before I could pull away, he pressed his lips on mine more forcefully taking control. I held back a moan, pushing him away when I realized that the whole gang was still right next to us.

"Get a room." Niall laughed punching Zayn playfully on the shoulder. Zayn chuckled and wrapped his arm around me, which I was grateful for since I was most likely the same colour as a beetroot.

"Aww, she's embarrassed." Jessica teased in a very high pitched voice. 

"Shut up." I mumbled burying my head further into Zayn. The whole gang erupted in laughter.

----

"Opal, is that you?" A gruff voice came instantly when I opened the front door.

"Yes." I replied slipping my shoes off and walked over to the kitchen, where he stood staring at into empty space.

"I miss her." He muttered sadly, a lone tear rolled down his wrinkled cheeks. Without thinking I reached over and wiped it away. His sad eyes widen at the sudden touch.

"I miss her too." I mumbled, taking a step forward in front of him. A part of me felt like I knew he wasn't going to hurt me, but...There was still a part of me that was terrified of him.

"Opal, let's start fresh. I want to make things right, I know what I did was wrong but I was missing her so much I thought that I was going out of my mind." He whispered meeting my watery eyes.

"I promise you I'll change, if you'll just give me time Opal. I really want to make things right. Yesterday, I went to see her grave. I don’t know what make me go but when I arrived I felt like I couldn't turn back. I sat there at her grave for hours thinking about what we had. Please Opal, let me make this right." Tears rolled down his face, I threw myself at him and let the tears I've held up all these years to escape.

"Daddy." I sobbed into his shoulder. His wrapped his arms around me also crying into my hair. 

"I'm so sorry I hurt you." We stayed like that for a little longer, then pulled away. 

"I'll cook dinner, you go wash up." He suggested wiping away the left over tears and rolling up his sleeves. I nodded not bother hiding the smile that was on my face. I quickly ran up the stairs and into my bedroom. Picking out my clothes I hopped into the shower. Quickly rinsing off I ran back down stairs to see the table and made and plates of food on the table. My stomach automatically makes a weird noise, making Dad chuckled. How long has it been since his chuckled and or smiled? He patted the seat beside him and without even thinking I sat down next to him.

"How long has it been since we had dinner together like this?" He asked, more to himself then me. "Opal try this, it’s your favourite." He said pointing to the yummy looking plate of pasta. I quickly scooped a spoonful and placed it in my mouth, wincing at how hot it was.

"It's delicious." I exclaimed placing another spoonful in my mouth. He laughed and dug into his pasta. Silence fell upon us, but I didn't mind. It was nice to just sit and eat with the Dad.

**I'm so sorry I've been taking so long to upload. I have the naplans now and a huge amount of assessments piled up. I can't promise when the next chapter will be up, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Tina**