Chapter 16

'The dance is over, the applause subsided, but the joy and feeling will say with you forever.' -W.M. Tory

 "What the hell are you doing?" I asked when I came down stairs the next morning.

"Making breakfast." Tyler replied flipping the pan and severing the pancakes onto a plate and squeezing some lemon juice over it. Just like the way I liked it.

"Try it." I stared at it with scrunched eyebrows before slowly cutting a piece and cautiously taking a bite.

"Good isn't it?" He asked with a smug grin on his face.

"Disgusting." I lied wiping my lips with the back of my hand and grabbing an apple.

"Don't lie." He sneered, one thing you guys should know about Tyler is that he takes quite a lot of pride in his cooking. If you're ever going to insult it make sure you're at lease ten yards away and that you're a fast runner.

"Not lying." I stated biting into my apple. He yanked the apple off me and shoved another spoonful of pancakes in my month.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed once I swallowed the food.

"You and I both know it's good. So finish it up." He ordered. I shot him my meanest glared but obediently sat down and finished the pancakes.  

"That's a good little girl." He teased taking up my plate that was now empty.

"Shut up you idiot." I sneered. He chuckled while patting my head. I swattered his hand away and got up.

"Where are you going?"

"Back to my room?" He shook his head and started to click his tongue.

"No, we're going shopping." He declared. I stared at him for a while before turning on my heels and running back to my room.

"Opal! Get back down here!"

"No!"

Locking the door behind me, I sighted in relief. God save me, shopping alone is hard enough but adding Tyler to the mixture is just torture. In the middle of walking over to my bed I heard the door click and swing open.

"You never learn do you?" Tyler tisked, playing with the thin wire between his fingers. I groaned and collapsed to the ground.

"Can you just leave me alone. Go find someone  to play with!" I exclaimed on the urge of pulling my hair out. He let out a dry laugh.

"And what? Miss torturing you? No thank you." He replied sarcastically, taking two long stroll until he was right in front of me. 

"Come on lets go." He said with an evil smile.

***

"I don't want to try anything on." I stated firmly  for the fifth time in the same store. 

"Try on one thing and I won't ask again." Tyler commented like it was the easiest thing to do.

"I want to try that." I said pointing to the Starbucks sign. Tyler gave me a flat look and chucked the piece of clothing at my face. 

"Try it then we'll go get something to eat." Without answering I picked up the piece of clothing and dragged my feet across the the change rooms.  Once locking the door I unraveled the piece of clothing. Gasping I was about to unlock the door and open it when the door didn't budge.

"Put it on." I heard his voice on the other side of the door.

"Are you seriously blocking the door?" I asked disbelief. 

"Yep." He replied proudly.

"Oh aren't you clever." I muttered sarcastically. I heard him chuckled. A little light bulb went off in my head. Slowly playing with the material and making noises so it was like I was changing. I counted to thirty and stopped and fake a groan of annoyance.