Chapter Three

'To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is the power, it is glory to the earth and it is yours for the taking.' -Agnes de Mille

 "And a one, two, three four. Good Opal, Cabriole and finish off with Arabesque penchee. Very good. I will tell your father that you're improving. You are dismiss." I thanked her and walked to my bag to get a drink. Taking off pointe shoes, I flexed my feet to relax. Checking my phone I had five miss calls and one message. Clicking on the message first it was from Jessica.

Hey the gang is getting together tonight, come along if you're free. It's at Zyan's place!

I clicked on the calls. Five miss calls from him. Gathering my stuff, I slung my bag over my shoulder and started my way home. Once I was outside I hit the return call button.

"Why haven't you been picking up?" His voice boomed over the phone.

"I'm sorry I was at dance." I quickly said. There was silence then he grunted.

"You are lucky, you little spoil brat. I won't be calling tonight at six, I have some business to do and I'll be on the road at six. But I'm coming tomorrow evening and I'm expecting the house to the spotless. Got it?" He sneered through the phone.

"Yes." He hang up. A lone tear slid down my face, quickly wiping it away. I text Jessica.

I'll be there.

***

"Opal! I'm so glad you could make it." Jessica squealed tackling me in a hug. I laughed hugging her back. "Come on the others are waiting." She pulled me down the hallway and to the living room where everyone was seat at the couch watching a horror movie. I pull Jessica back, stopping her before she walked into the living room.

"Let’s scare them." I whispered, her face lights up and she smiles evilly. "I've to Liam, Louis, Eleanor and and Niall, You got Zayn and Harry. I nodded and we started moving towards our victims. Jessica started to count down with her fingers. Three, two, one. Everyone scream, while Jess and I collapsed to the ground laughing.

"Tha-at-was-so-g-good." I was out of breathe, getting up, Harry pull me down to sit between him and Zayn while Jess went to sit with Niall.

"That was mean." Harry whispered,

"Your reactions was worth it." I stated grinning. He flicked my forehead smirking then turned his attention back to the movie. I felt a warm hand on top of mine. Looking up, Zayn smiled shyly. I chuckled silently, took a hold of his hand and lean my head on his shoulder. 

"When do you want to do the project?" He whispered. He was coming home tomorrow, but when he came home he would go out again to drink and doesn't show up until the next day.

"How about tomorrow?" I suggested, he nodded and we went back to watching the movie.

***

"Hey thanks for tonight, I had a great time." I said hugging Jess. It was 10 at night. We ordered pizza after the movie finish and watched another movie while eating the pizza.

"I'll walk you home." Harry suggested, I shook my head, "It's fine, I don't live far from here." Zayn came up and gave me a hug. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded and turned around and left.

Walking up my street, I can't help but notice that every house was lit up. Their light from inside shone through their windows making the house look so welcoming. Looking down the street where my house was. It was dark and looked like no one lived there for years.

Unlocking the door, I walked in and went straight to the shower. Stripping down I looked at myself in the mirror. The bruise on my stomach, had turned bluey purpley. I slowly reached up and touched it, wincing when pain shot through my body. There was a bruise on my upper thigh, which was the same colour as the one on my stomach. I sighed in defeat and hopped into the shower, letting the warm water wash over me.