Chapter 15

Third POV

Katie walked to her room with Night. She invited Alura as long as Shiro kept an eye on her. He accepted after little hesitation. It was time for them to be ready. Then a knock on the door. "Hello?" She asked. Nobody was with her at the moment. Just her and her bedroom. Nobody answered. She placed a dressing gown on and walked to the door. She opened it. Horror. The person winked at her. She looked up. "My princess." It was Lotor. She saw his smug face. Wanting to punch him she closed the door. "What's up Princess?" He asked, "I'm getting ready!" She yelled taking off her dressing gown. She placed a green ankle long dress on. It was a beautiful ball gown. The back of the gown had a circular cut out so her wings could breath and spread out. She placed some light green 4 inch heels on. She finally sat at the vanity. The smooth wood. The clean mirror. It was heavenly. She did her hair. Straightening it before Night came in. She had green mascara, dark green eye shadow, red lipstick, pink blush and pale foundation on. Night came in and played the fringe of her hair. "You look stunning Katie." Katie smiled happily and turned toward night. Night wore a black dress that faded into dark blue. She also had curled hair and casual makeup on. "You too. You looked amazing!" The girls gossiped until it was time for them to be announced at the ball. They headed to the balcony. Katie stood at the doors. Her advisor stood next to Night on the balcony. Then the doors flew open.
"Please welcome Prince Lotor, of the Galra empire!" That took me off guard. What? Lotor was here for the ball. "And now for the greatest honour of all." He built up tension as Lotor made his way to the garden. The garden was where it was to be held. "Our Chief, Katelyn of Grugoloria!" Everyone cheered. I walked out of the palace and stood on the platform, where the stairs began. Vines grew from the ground. The vines lifted a tiara up for the chief. When the tiara was placed on Katie her wings spread to the limit. The green wings, in all their glory, began to flap. Katelyn hovered above the ground. Everyone cheered. Voltron were the loudest, other than Alura who scoffed in hate of me. "You don't deserve those wings!" Someone shouted, to Shiro's surprise it wasn't Alura. Katelyn, still calm, landed on the ground and walked down the stairs. She saw a bulky man. "Sir." She smiled at him and curtsied. He bowed. "Sorry Chief Katelyn." He hung his head low. She giggled. "No apology needed. But thank you." The man looked up in surprise that he wasn't punished. He bowed again and music began to play. Lance took Keith's, Hunk took Corans, Alura took Shiro and Lotor took Katie's. "Lotor," she smiled softly, "what a pleasant surprise." She said with a hint of sarcasm. He laughed. "My princess." The music stopped. "Your Princess! I think not." Lotor pretended to be hurt. Bursting into laughter. Galran soldiers spilled into the Garden. "Oh Katelyn. You're hilarious." He wiped a tear from his eyes. Katie scowled. "Tell your troops to fall back!" Lotor laughed again spinning her. "And why would I do that?" Katie smiled. "I'll show you." She ripped off a layer of her skirt showing a knee high lighter green more breathing dress. She smiled. Her lion pounced out of the castle and let out a roar. She had a knife strapped to her ankle. She pulled it out and looked at the prince. "Because I'm always prepared." Everyone looked at her. Her wings folded in. Everyone grabbed their weapons, either strapped onto their ankle or strapped to their upper arm. They attacked the galran soldiers, who attacked first. Lotor tried to grab Katie but failed miserably. "Appreciating the training. I thought I'd go rusty." She kicked Lotors neck making him fall to the ground. The soldiers of Galran retreated when they saw their leader to the ground. Alura looked gobsmacked. Lotor looked up at his opponent fearfully. She stood high above him. "Leave this planet immediately." She commanded. Lotor stood up and ran like a weak little child. Keith put a hand on her shoulder. "Pidge," he started like he was worried, "You gotta teach me that move." Everyone burst out laughing. The night continued well. Dancing and singing.

Katie's POV

Finally it was time to go to sleep. The part had just ended. It was the most fun I'd had in years. I felt bad for Alura. She'd have to verse me in a battle of wits, brawn and speed. If she lost she'd need a pardon from me or she'd be executed. I wanted to pardon her, but sometimes I don't have a choice. I sat on my balcony fence in my red velvet knee high night dress. It was so comfy. "Pidge?" I jumped up, almost falling of the balcony. "Guys! You scared me." We all laughed. Shiro and Keith had a little tension but I shrugged it off. "Night guys." Shiro, Keith, Lance, Hunk and Coran stayed in sync. "Night." I yawned. All the lights turned off, except for mine. I wasn't that tired. I laid on the banister for the balcony, staring up at the stars above. They were beautiful. I soon fell into a nightmare.

I looked around. Nothing but black. Then screams erupted from behind me. The team. Alura stood with a knife. She had killed my friend Night, she killed Hunk and Lance, Coran, Coleen and Sam. Keith, Shiro, Alura and Matt stood there. Matt hugged me before blood poured onto the floor. I cried. Shiro smiled at Alura. "Good job babe." He was backing her up. Keith stood there disgusted at me. "I thought you loved me, loved the team. How could you let us die in front of you?" He yelled before dropping to the ground. I sobbed. Then felt like I was falling. "Katie!" Shiro yelled as I fell. Nothing below me. Then I landed on a pile of dead citizens and my friends. Alura laid dead next to me. Then Shiro pounced on me with a knife. I felt a surging pain fill me. "Bye bye little paladin!" It was Hagar's voice. I closed my eyes and felt like falling again.

Then I snapped back to reality. I was still on the stone balcony. The team calling my name. I felt lifeless. Finally I opened my eyes. The dark midnight sky was all I could see. "Katie, are you okay up there!" Keith and Shiro yelled. "I'm fine." I said with tears in my eyes from the nightmare. "I wish I didn't have those dreams." I turned over to the side and fell if of the banister. My wings didn't flap. Two people grabbed my feet as I fell. I held up the skirt of my night dress. I was hauled up. I saw Keith and Shiro, then pulled them into a hug. "Are you okay Katie?" Shiro asked. Keith gave him a death glare. "I'm fine. Just glad you're both alive and not evil." Tears poured down my face. They both nodded. "We will always be with you and always fight for you on the good side." Keith stated. This was one of the happiest moments of my life!