Chapter 17

Alura POV

I held my weapon strongly as I hit the targets. The moving targets the hardest. I had upgraded the practise targets each day. Obviously Pidge wanted me to have an even match. If I win. My wish will come true. So I will win. It's like she's giving it so me. The targets started attacking me. I dodged and struck. We had to pin our opponent down in the strength challenge. We had to out smart the other opponent in the smart challenge and speed past the other to win the speed. I could win them all. I had to win them all. I don't want a pardon from a chief that isn't mine. No way. I would win. I kept practising until it was time to eat. Surprisingly it was nice food. But sleeping wasn't good for the first night. Then I was given a pillow and quilt. I wonder why. It was around 10:30 pm on earth time so I had so go to sleep. Tomorrow I had to fight to survive literally.

The next day...

Shiro's POV

Alura was in the middle of the battle ring. I watched as people cheered when Katie came. I also cheered. She was given a sword. Alura was given a bigger pointier sword. It seemed a little unfair. But I couldn't object because if I did I would be next. I really didn't want to fight Katie. Or be executed. Soon the bell rang for it.

Alura struggled agains Katie in the strength. Panting on the ground at the end. Sword sticking out of the ground in the opposite side of the ring. Katie's sword pointed to her neck. The bell rang again. It had taken a good ten minutes before the speed competition. But soon enough it began. Katie ran fast cause she had little wind resistance and she took it slow at the beginning. The still finished second. As she allowed Alura to win. Or she wouldn't be able to give her a pardon. Alura looked very smug with herself.

Alura POV

Finally time for the brains. I will win this time. I won the speed. I could win the brains. But it wasn't so easy for me. Pidge got the answer straight away. But I took at least an hour. In that time Pidge got a smoothie and changed her outfit. She now wore a shirt and shorts. That looked much comfier than the dress she had on. And a lot longer. The shorts went to knee high. The dress went to half thigh. But she did have really long boots on to hide her legs. I finally got the answer. 5. We had to figure an equation out. We weren't allowed to look at the others work. Pidge got the same answer as me. 4= 5. Pidge had won the competition. I had to be executed.
I wasn't looking forward to it. At all. I was pulled into the thrown room. Pidge looked down at me with a happy smile. I obviously looked disgusted. "Princess Alura. Daughter to King Alfor of Altea..." here it came. I braced myself. "Are now pardoned for the crime you committed. I also thank you for helping me find this planet and it's people. I couldn't have done it without you." I look up. Tears formed in my eyes. The guards smiled. "She sure has a spirit in fighting. Our chief and you may be girls, no offence, but you know how to battle!" A guard stated. The crowd cheered as they let me past. I ran up the stairs to Pidge and flopped down in front of her. I have never been this emotional in all my life. I felt warm yet small hands hold me. It was soft. I felt so much better. I kept apologising and thanking her so much. When I opened my eyes I noticed Pidge looked peaceful and happy. "I'm glad I didn't have to execute you Alura. You are my best friend." With that. We hugged and separated. Walking to a large yet beautiful room. I flopped down on the bed. Pidge walked out with a simple bye and got to her room. Leaving me to seep. And soon enough I did...

The chapters maybe be short for now. I get tired really quick and I have school next week. So I'm stressing my head about it. Really don't wanna go back but hey ho. Peace out guys. Bye.