Chapter 24

"Hey, was it better this time?" Finn planted a kiss on Bayley's cheek as she sat down in the car.
"No, I'm trying to stay happy but it's hard. This whole thing sucks."
"I know Bay...but don't worry. I'll be here with you every step of they way."
"Thanks Finn."

As they drove off Finn's phone started to ring and it was Sami, but because he was driving Bayley answered it for him.
"Hey, it's ready!"
"Hello, Finn's phone, Bayley speaking." Bayley said sarcastically. "What's ready Sami?"
"Um....I-is this Finn's phone?"
"Yep!"
"Oh...um...wrong number...Sorry!"

Sami was quick to hang up and Bayley put Finn's phone back down. "He said it was a wrong number, he sounded nervous though."
"I'll ask him about it later."
"Okay!"

Finn knew Sami lied to cover up what he was actually on about. He was grateful to his best friend but oh my, he made some stupid decisions at times. For example, calling a friend after setting up his date for Fergal while he's picking up his girlfriend for said date. So smart....

Bayley looked out the window, she let her mind wonder. Finn had been acting weird lately, he seemed more distant. More....secretive. This scared Pam a bit. She remembers Aaron being like that in the last couple months of their relationship, when he stopped being as careful when cheating. Finn wasn't cheating was he? He could never do that to her....

Of course Finn wasn't cheating, he just wanted to surprise Bayley with something special, but making sure everything was perfect made him nervous at times. He couldn't help the nerves. But this only made Bayley more paranoid. She didn't know what Finn was planning, she didn't even know he was planning anything to begin with. All she knew was that they were going on a date soon, and Finn was being really weird about it. She couldn't help but worry.

"Finn..." She let out a sigh as she spoke...her words already trembling.
"Yeah Bay? Everything alright?" Finn noticed her voice waver.
"I..um...You love me right?"

Finn was taken back by Bayley's question. Of course he loved her. In fact, 'love' couldn't even begin to describe how he felt towards her, he adored her more then words could say.

"Of course Bay, you're my everything. I don't know where I would be without you." He gave a gentle smile in her direction. She returned it.

"I'm sorry...I just-You're being really...secretive lately...I don't know...I'm just getting paranoid I guess...I'm sorry." She let out a sigh, she felt bad for thinking he wouldn't love her. His voice sounded so sincere and even hurt when she asked the question. Like he couldn't imagine not being in love with her.

He put a hand in her thigh before putting his gaze back on the road. "Don't be sorry Bay, I know I'm being a bit secretive lately. But just trust me, you'll know everything soon. I would never betray you like...he...did...I love you more than you know...without you...without you...I-I.." Finn stuttered, not being able to get his words out. "I would probably be....dead..."

Bayley put her head down, trying to hold back some tears. "I love you too Finn..."

Ever since her injury, Pam had been a bit more emotional. She tried so hard to hide her sorrow with a smile so everyone would think she's okay. But the people that truly knew her, they all knew it was all fake. The reason she was trying to hold back tears was because she felt so guilty. She was so worried about herself being hurt again, she completely forgot what Finn was like before, and that he would never do something like that to her after what he's been through. It pained her that she knew Fergal was right. If they didn't have each other...who knows if either of them would still be here today...