Missin' the mission

"Great work. Flawless execution. Now that is how you lead a mission." Davenport tells us as we walk into the lab after fixing something at the pentagon.

"Why, thank you." Chase smiles.

"I was talking about me. But every olympic podium needs a bronze and a silvers, so." Davenport points at Adam, Bree and me.

"Whoo-hoo! I medaled!" Adam shouts as he smacks Davenport in the chest and he goes flying into the lab doors.

"Me too." I say happily.

"Don't look at us. You're the one that gave super strength to a box of rocks." Bree tells the groaning Davenport on the floor.

"Hey, guys. How'd the mission go?" Leo asks as he steps over his step-father.

"Great. We fixed the Pentagon's communication satellite and returned it to orbit." Bree explains.

"I even rigged it so we get every TV channel in the world! Who wants to watch Guatemalan drag racing?!" Chase says excited.

"Did my suggestions come in handy on the mission?" Leo asks.

"What suggestions?" I ask him.

"I did a ton of strategic research and gave it to Big D." Leo explains.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, Leo. I didn't have time to use it." Davenport tells him.

"Wait-Yes, you did." I say.

"You spilled your coffee and used Leo's research to mop it up." Adam tells Leo.

"You used my suggestions as a sponge?" Leo asks upset.

"More like a paper towel. But it was very absorbent. Why don't you guys go clear out the rest of your gear." Davenport tells us and we leave the room.

"So, if Davenport got Gold and Chase didn't get anything. Which two of us got the silvers and who got the bronze?" I ask, thinking out loud.

"I don't know." Bree remarks as we pack our things away.

➖➖➖➖➖➖

"Not so fast!" Perry shouts as we all walk down the stairs. We all groan in annoyance and wait for her at the bottom.

"You four missed school yesterday... not that I didn't enjoy it. But it's been happening way too much lately. Look at this attendance report." Perry tells us and shows us her small clipboard with our attendance.

"You still keep paper records? You know, we have computers now... also indoor plumbing and fire."Chase mocks her and I laugh.

"Do you really wanna poke the bear?" Perry glares at us.

"Do you really wanna use that analogy?" Leo mocks her and I laugh again.

"Shut it, Dooley! I've been working out. Don't make me flex my guns. You four are in big trouble." Perry scolds us.

"Oh, actually we're not, 'cause we have a note from our dad. He signed it and everything." Bare grabs a folded piece of paper out her pocket.

"With his name." Adam adds.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry. My bad. That changes absolutely nothing! Just because your dad lets you cut school doesn't mean I have to. Somebody has to be the disciplinarian. It's like I tell my cats..." Perry starts to ramble before hissing like a cat. If she knew what she just said she'd never say it again. My face is still in shock. "See you four in detention!"

"Great. We miss school for a mission and get punished. This isn't fair." Chase sulks.

"No, it really isn't. Well, you guys have fun." Leo laughs at us and walks away.