Parallel Universe

NO ONE'S POV

"Inventing the wheel? Boring. Discovering electricity? Snooze. Sliced bread? Lame. But now, Davenport Industries introduces the world's first... Proton Fuser!" Donald announces to the 4 teenagers, revealing his machine from under a sheet.

"You know, for a scientist you'd think your payoffs would be a bit more proportionate to your buildups." Leo remarks making Donald glare.

"Uh, the payoff is that it allows us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses sub-atomic particles, so we can understand how planets form." Donald explains.

"Well, we already understand how boredom forms." Bree remarks.

"Haven't you ever wondered where stuff comes from? Galaxies? Stars? Planets?" Davenport asks.

"This stuff, no. Onion rings, yes." Adam says.

"Oh, and...Planets are actually formed by cloud of dust and gas within a larger cloud called a nebula. As gravity pulls material in the collapsing cloud closer together, the center of the cloud gets more and more compressed and, in turn, gets hotter. This dense, hot core becomes the kernel of a new star. Over one these starts go through one of two cycles and can eventually end up as a planet." Emily tells the room with a proud smile, everyone's mouthes open.

"Your actually not wrong." Chase marvels.

"Oh, I have a Physics test on galaxies and that's all I know." Emily shrugs.

"Guys, I have always wanted to build this thing, and now it's a reality. It's an important life lesson: If you have a dream, believe in it, 'cause it can happen." Donald tells them.

"Um, Mr. Davenport, isn't it dangerous to tinker with the fabric of the universe?" Chase asks.

"He said "tinker."" Adam laughs.

"Yes, technically it could destabilize the earth, or open a wormhole into a parallel universe. But, I made it and I wanna play with it, so... Prepare to be amazed!" Donald says as he flicks a few switches and turns the machine on.

"Or gravely injured." Chase remarks and Adam pushes his siblings behind him. Leo steps behind Donald.

"Once again, big buildup, teeny, tiny payoff." Leo remarks behind the inventor.

"Okay, the popcorn is popping and the movie is uploaded. Or downloaded. Whatever, the red thingy is blinking green. Just head upstairs, it's movie time!" Tasha tells them and they all run out of the room.

"I do love a matinee." Leo says as he starts to leave.

"Oh, hold it, mister. No movie for you until you finish your chores. Your room is a mess, and you haven't washed the dishes in days." Tasha tells Leo.

"But, I've been looking forward to this movie all week." Leo protests.

"And I've been looking forward to clean dishes all week." Tasha retorts.

"Really? Well, that's just sad." Leo remarks making her glare as they leave the room.

Everyone is sitting in front of the TV watching the movie. Leo is supposed to be washing the dishes but has walked away from the sink to see the movie.

"Leo!" Tasha scolds him.

"Aah!" Leo screams and drops the plate to the floor.

"I said no movie. First you won't do the dishes, then you break them?" Tasha shouts at him.

"Hey, you said you hate looking at dirty dishes and that's one less to look at." Leo remarks making her fold her arms.

"That is it. No TV for the rest of the week." Tasha grounds him.