Bionic Showdown ~ Part 1

"Whoo hoo! Yeah!" We cheer as we run back into the lab.

"Guys, that was awesome! You just prevented the biggest oil spill in history!" Leo praises us as I dump my mission bag on the floor. That thing is stupidly heavy since we basically only use our bionics, what else do we really need?

"Pretty slick, huh?" Chase remarks but I face palm.

"If only we could've prevented that disaster of a pun." Leo groans.

"Hey, uh, Mr. Davenport. Anything you'd like to say to us, rhymes with "good job"?" Bree asks and I happily jump over to them placing my hands on her shoulder in agreement.

"The answer's in the clue." Adam whispers and I roll my eyes at his stupidity.

"What were you guys thinking?" Davenport yells making us all take a step back slightly. What did we do wrong this time?

"Nope. Not even close. Two more guesses." Adam jokes.

"You completely ignored my mission plan, improvised everything, and jeopardized the entire mission." Davenport yells at us.

"Mr. Davenport, we bust our butts all the time. And all you ever do is sit around the lab making lists of things we did wrong." Chase retorts pointing at the tablet in his hands.

"I did not," he starts as he hides the tablet behind his back, "just sit around making lists of things you did wrong."

"That's true. He also practices tai quan do in his tighty-whities." Leo mocks and I laugh.

"They are not tighty-whities. They are breathable exercise briefs." Davenport defends.

"Whatever they are, keep your swinging high kicks away from my screen!" Eddie butts in and I laugh.

"Look, you guys got lucky this time, but without my precise planning, you are opening yourselves up for disaster. So just follow my orders." Davenport orders us.

"Well, maybe your orders aren't always right." I retort but instantly slap my hands over my mouth.

It's happening!

Adam starts to look around the room confused before turning back to the man yelling at us all.

"Um, excuse me." Davenport glares at me

"She said: Well, maybe your orders aren't-"Adam starts but gets interrupted with Davenport yelling, "I heard her!" He instantly holds his hands up in surrender.

"Look Davenport, maybe your getting too old for this and should retire before you mess this whole thing up." I say with wide eyes. Why is this coming out my mouth, I would never normally say something like that to Davenport.

"Em! What has gotten into you?!" Bree asks shocked as she pushes me away from Davenport.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know-" I start before running out of the lab. What is happening?!

I warned you...

"Who are you?!" I shout.

I've already told you.

The voice taunts before going away completely.

"Honey, are you okay?" Tasha asks as she walks into the dining room.

"Um...yeah." I nod and give her a meek smile.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asks. I don't reply but she comes over to me, "come on." She smiles and I follow her into her sewing room that once was Bree's room.