One Shot #9 ~ Noise complaint (part 3 of 4)

All the way back home, I thought of that kiss. It really threw me off. I thought of him just as a friend, but I found myself replaying that moment as if it would vanish from my memory if I didn't.

We both crashed on the sofa, exhausted.
"Hey, so I was wondering something," I broke the comfortable silence. Thomas gave me his attention.

"Yeah?" He turned to face me.

"So...do you want to maybe keep some of your stuff here...and sleep here, perhaps, and live...not...in your apartment?" I asked quietly.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?" He laughed. I suddenly regretted asking, realising how presumptuous that was.

"It's stupid, I'm sorry. I don't know why I asked that, my brain is probably still mushy..." I got up quickly. What was I thinking? It had only been a few days.

"No, I mean...are you sure? I'd like that." He laughed.

"Well, yeah..." I said shyly.

"I need to go back up to my apartment first. I should tell Bella." He said sighing.

"You want me to come?" I suggested.

"No, she'll probably attack you." He laughed.

"Alright."

It had only been five minutes after he left when I heard a bang upstairs. I sprang up from my seat and ran upstairs as fast as I could. His door was open and I heard silence.

I pushed the door open slowly and peered inside. Thomas was leaning against the wall shakily for stability, his head lowered. Bella was packing his stuff in a suitcase.

"What did you do?" I gasped.

She looked at me spitefully.

"I could ask you the same thing. He's at your house for, what, a week? Two weeks? And now he doesn't love me." She said, spite stinging her voice.

"Oh, you really didn't need me to do that. You did it yourself." I replied angrily. She couldn't blame me.

"Just get out!" She shouted.

"You can't order me around, Bella. That's not how it works." I said with a serious tone, walking through the doorway which led into the apartment.

She left quickly in a huff, allowing me to switch  my attention to Thomas. I bent over slightly so I could get a look at his face.

"Hey." He croaked, smiling sheepishly.

"What did she do? Are you ok?" I helped him to stand straight, allowing him to use me for stability.

"She hit me over the head with a bloody frying pan." He laughed hysterically.

I laughed too. It was so stupid.

"This is my fault. I shouldn't have asked you. It's too soon." I swallowed hard.

"Well...I mean I was going to say yes,"
"You were?"
"Yeah. I mean, it's been pretty great staying with you." He smiled.

"Oh then...let's get you home," I helped him up and grabbed him a new toothbrush from the bathroom.

"I can get your stuff later, you need to sleep this off," I said, helping him down the stairs.

_________________________
_____________________________

"Thank you for letting me move in with you. Really, I appreciate it." It was the day after the confrontation and we were just grabbing some stuff. We both sat on his rug sorting through some of his things.