Lifetimes ~ Short Story #1 (part two)

How's y'all liking this so far? I'm enjoying it :)))
____________________
_____________________________
Elle, the weirdest thing happened. It was that guy, he came up to me and sat down, spoke to me. He asked if I knew his name. Do you know him? x

-Hazel, if you love me you won't speak to him. Please, for me?

What? Why? Can't you just tell me who he is?

-He's no one, Hazel. Please don't ask me again. Ask me anything but this. You don't need to know him.

Fine. I'm confused, but fine.

-Don't think about him, just be excited for tonight! I wanna get pizza, what about you?

I closed my phone there, I wasn't ignoring her. I needed space for ten minutes to think. I racked my brain for his face, memories of him...but again, there was nothing. It was as if he hadn't existed before yesterday.

I sat up frustrated on my sofa, not liking this new feeling of people keeping secrets from me. Did Elle not trust me or something? I got up and stretched, jumping when I heard the doorbell ring, a flurry of knocks following.

I made my way to the door and opened it, expecting a neighbour. But it wasn't.

"Hazel," Thomas spoke breathlessly.

I just stood there. In shock? Fear? Confusion? I wasn't sure myself.

"Hazel please let me in. I need to talk to you," he pleaded.
"How do you know where I live?" I asked quietly.

"Hazel, just let me explain-" he started.
"Why? How do I know you're not dangerous? Maybe Elle was right about you. She told me not to talk to you,"
"Of course she did," He sighed frustrated, running his hands through his hair, "But...don't you want answers?" He began, "don't you want to know why she wants you to stay away from me?"

"Well...I-" I tried to justify her, but I couldn't. It wasn't fair for her to keep secrets from me.

"Just give me five minutes, and please listen. That's all I ask for." He reassured.
I didn't answer, just stepped aside to let him in. He looked at me briefly again before heading into the living room.

"Ok. Explain." I said bluntly, sitting on the side of an arm chair.

"I'll try my best, but your going to have to keep an open mind and believe me, Hazel. Please, I need you to know that I'm telling the truth here."

"Okay..." I replied, a nervous laugh in my voice.

"Hazel, you..." he paused for a second in thought, "...you have amnesia."