One shot #9 ~ Noise Complaint #2 ~ Parents

So yeah guys, I'm making a kind of series out of the noise complaint thing I wrote. It just seemed a shame to drop it when I had so many ideas!

_____________________
______________________________
"Do you think this is ok?" I asked Thomas, giving him a twirl to show him my dress.
"It's gonna be fine. Stop worrying," he laughed. I was nervous because I was meeting his parents, and I'd never done the whole 'meeting the parents' thing.

"I've already told them so much about you, they already like you a lot. You're a lovely smart girl and they're definitely going to love you," He reassured, "and that dress is..." He smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shall we then?" He held out his arm for me to take, so I did.
"We shall." I laughed after a deep breath.

_________________________
___________________________________
"Thomas! Oh, I've missed you!" Thomas' adopted mother pulled him in for a tight hug, before her eyes went to me. She gave me a warm smile.

"And who's this?"
"Mum, this is my Girlfriend, Louisa. Lou, meet Sandra." He introduced us. I have a polite smile and clutched my bag nervously.

"Nice to meet you Lou." She grinned and pulled me in for a hug also, which whilst I wasn't expecting, was rather kindly.

"Come on, come inside," She gestured. Their house was really lovely, a cottage in the countryside - a contrast to our London apartment.

"Your house is really lovely, Mrs. Sangster." I commented, gazing at the timber wood and log fire.
"Thank you," she smiled, "and you're a very lovely girl, much better than that Bella girl. She was ever so rude-" she began to trail off.

"Mum." Thomas stopped her, clearly uncomfortable at her mention. I just laughed.

"Where's dad?" Thomas furrowed his brows.
"He's in the hatred getting more logs, he'll be back soo-" she began, but was abruptly cut off by Thomas' father walking in and calling his name.

"Thomas!" He smiled, the big man coming over and patting Thomas' back.

"Hey dad." He laughed, "this is Louisa. Lou, meet Micheal." Thomas said, and Micheal took my hand and shook it excitedly.

"Nice to meet you Lou," he grinned.

"Micheal, come and help me in the kitchen. You two take a seat, pour yourself some wine if you want." His parents said, and walked into the kitchen, leaving us alone.

"See? It's not that scary, is it?" Thomas teased.
"Oh, ha ha," I said sarcastically, "No, of course not, your parents are really nice." I put my hand on his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"I think they really like you. They knew something was off with Bella as soon as they met her, but I think they know you're a keeper." He smiled warmly.

"So, do you want some wine?"

________________________
_________________________________
"That was really amazing food Sandra, thank you." I commented after a long and delicious meal. She just smiled proudly and took Micheal's hand.

"Come round any time, Louisa." She replied.

"You want me to help you clear the dishes, Dad?" Thomas asked, and so they both cleared up, leaving his Mum and I alone.

"So, Louisa, Tell me about yourself." She leaned forward.

"Well...there's really not too much to tell, to be honest. I studied at University in Birmingham, then moved here. I really want to be a therapist, but I'm working a temporary job at the Café near our apartment," I told her.