Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"No." I shook my head as I stared at the people inside, "They're my cousins."

"Enh? Your cousins?!" He exclaimed and put his hands on his head. "You have rich relations like this and you came to live here."

I didn't reply him but just stood in a distance and stared at my cousins that were inside the parlor. Standing and staring wouldn't solve anything. The question is, what are they doing here? After three years of separation from my father's relatives, it's today they decided to show up.

I stormed into the house and opened the net door. All eyes turned to me the moment I entered the house with the cake box on my hand. Junior junior followed up behind me.

"Miriam! Is that you?!" Davina shouted and stood up to hug me, but I shifted back and glared at her.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "It's me Davina. You don't remember me? Your cousin?"

Cousin my foot. I didn't have any family. My only family was Kaka.

"I can't remember having any cousin." I said and turned to look at the two red boxes, "Take your rubbish with you. This is the wrong house."

Davina took a step back and frowned at me. Kaka came out of the room and looked at us in confusion. She must have heard our conversation in the room.

I didn't bother saying anything and made my way to the kitchen. I kept the cake on top of the deep freezer and turned around to see Kaka walking into the kitchen.

Kaka brought out her pad from her purse bag and started writing on it. I leaned against the freezer and impatiently waited for her to finish. My mood for today was gone.

'You don't remember your cousins?' She wrote.

"Why are you calling them my cousins?" I frowned at her, "After what her mother and aunty Claire did. Why did you even allow them here!"

She frowned back at me and wrote on her pad furiously before handing it back to me.

'Was I the one that brought them here. Their mother sent a message when they were by the gate.'

"You even have aunty Vivian's number?!" I exclaimed, "What happened to 'the best way not to revenge on your enemies is by keeping off all contacts from them'?" I quoted Kaka's words, "And yet, all these while you were keeping aunty Vivian's number."

'Who said they were your enemies?' She wrote.

"Kaka you know what they did!" I cried out, "This is not fair! They can't just walk in and out of our lives anytime they want!"

Kaka sighed and wrote on her pad for a little while before handing it to me.

'We'll discuss this later. I don't have energy for all these yelling now. Right now just go and apologise to your cousins and attend to them.'

I shook my head and didn't say anything after reading it. She took the pad and wrote on it again.

'Later you'll explain to me why you bought a cake and didn't go to the market.'