Chapter 44

Thank you for 30k reads 🎉🎉

Chapter 44

I was a fool. And she was smart.

Hauwa was so smart that even the police began to be scared. But, I was more terrified than them. She made me believe that she was better than the murders she committed. She even admitted that what she was doing was wrong. But that didn't mean she was going to stop. In fact, she was never going to stop until she probably dies. Because these killings were the only thing that healed her. They were the only things that made her feel alive.

It has been four hours since Hauwa's escape and there was no trace of her or any dead child anywhere.

After I identified the corpse from Hauwa's burning house, which was definitely not Hauwa, the policewoman took me straight to the police station.

It was a very busy morning for her and that was why I have been waiting for her in the police reception for the past four hours. As I was waiting for her, the police driver from earlier gave me agege bread and coke for breakfast, knowing well that I haven't eaten this morning.

Not only was the policewoman very busy this morning, but also the other police officers around. They are now investigating the streets for Hauwa's whereabouts.

The police's only target now was a skinny black woman with a patched bald head. Everybody has been in shock that a woman was the killer. Most people have refused to believe it until there was more evidence.

Just when I thought everything would calm down after identifying what the killer looks like, the police have even caused more trouble on the streets. They go about pulling down down women's hijabs and scarfs from their head to check for the patched bald head. They knew what they were doing was wrong but according to them, they were simply following the 'law'.

Right now, two angry women are fighting with the other police officers by the reception desk because two of the policemen had removed their wigs in front of their sugar daddies. I couldn't help but watch in amusement.

"Miriam." Someone called my name, cutting my attention from the women.

I turned to finally see the policewoman standing beside me and I stood up immediately. She just stared at the two sugar babies by the reception desk and gestured for me to follow her. I followed her and we walked down the corridor of the police station before entering one of the offices in the middle side of the corridor.

She shuts the door behind me and went over to her seat before telling me to sit down on the opposite chair facing her desk.

I sat down and looked around the big office of hers. I could tell that she was a superior in the office. No wonder they let her wear the long sleeves under her uniform shirt whenever she likes. She didn't look up to 30 years but yet she had such an important position in the office.

"Sorry, one minute." She apologised to me while she was scanning through some papers on her desk. She already looks exhausted and the day hasn't even started.

I waited silently for her to finish as I continue looking around the office in amusement. Then I looked back at her and my eyes caught the sign on the wall behind her desk, which wrote:

'Police is your guardian angel not friend.
Friends betray you but guardian angels don't.'

I snorted at the irony of the statement and the policewoman gave me a quick confused glance before turning back to her paper.