Chapter 36

Song: This I promise you by *NSYNC

Other songs: Unbreakable by Westlife

Chapter 36

The following morning, Hamid, Kauna and I sat in the parlor to eat breakfast before we finished preparing to go to school. Earlier, Hamid called Sadiq to help him bring his military uniform and boots from their house. He warned him multiple times not to allow General catch him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

We sat in a circle on the floor, with one big bowl in the middle as we all shared the pap together, alongside with agege bread.

Hamid fetched some pap on his spoon and turned to feed me with it. There was clearly nothing wrong with my hands. He was just doing it out of mere sweetness.

"Hamid stop." I chuckled, knowing this was the fourth time he was doing it this morning.

"I promise this is the last one."

I just shook my head and brought my mouth closer to his spoon when suddenly, Kaka's room door open and she stepped out. We both turned away from each other immediately while Hamid quickly puts his spoon into his mouth.

He brought the spoon down and started choking from the pap entering the wrong side of his throat. Who chokes with pap please?

I patted his back lightly as he began gulping down all the water from his pure water.

Kaka came to our side and we both greeted her but she didn't respond. Instead, she dropped a sheet of her notepad paper beside me before walking out of the house with her sack bag.

I picked up the paper and Hamid and I looked at it together as she wrote;

'Next time you two should reduce your noise at night.'

I put my hand over my mouth while Hamid started laughing. I couldn't believe Kaka actually heard us in the kitchen last night. It was not like Hamid and I did something really bad. We just had a 'short' kiss and went our separate ways to bed.

"There's fire on the mountain." Hamid said while turning back to drink the pepper soup.

"Is it my fault that you fell the torchlight down."

"Is it my fault that you're the one who asked for another kis-" I quickly covered his mouth before he could finish his sentence and I sharply turned to look at Kauna. She just sat there, watching us and drinking the pap with her small plastic spoon.

Hamid removed my hand from his mouth and said, "Okay, I won't talk."

"Better."

We didn't say anything and both turned our attention back to the food when Hamid said loudly, "But you're the one that put your mouth on top of my own first!"

I glared at him and before I can say something, we heard a knock on the gate door.

"That should be Sadiq." Hamid stood up, "You girls can finish the pap while I get my uniform."

We both nodded and he played with my hair before he rushed out of the house door. I groaned and arranged my hair back, wondering why this boy was being so stubborn this early morning. I glanced at the wall clock to see we didn't have much time and I quickly took a pinch of the agege bread and told Kauna to finish the remaining pap on the bowl.