Chapter 25

NOTE: The town name has been changed from 'Barnawa' to Mansur.

Song: Runaway by Styl Plus

Chapter 25

Another week passed and Hamid and I grew closer than before. We talked on the phone from time to time but we didn't meet up because I had my first C.A test.

To think of it, almost all my past meetings with Hamid have been out of coincidence. We barely had a proper planned out meeting.

Anyways, Today is Valentine's Day aka Women's day. The only day women knew men exist. And it happened to be on a Sunday. A holy day.

Unlike everybody, today was just another normal Sunday for me. Which is: Sleep, sleep sleep. And more sleep. With an extra nap in between.

It was around 1pm and I was deep asleep when suddenly, my phone started ringing. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Mm?" I answered.

"Mariam!" Hamid shouted over the phone, making me to groan, "Come outside."

"What for?" I mumbled, not realizing what he just said.

"I'm in front of your house." He said.

My eyes widened and I sat up immediately. What was he doing here?! Hamid was not the type to show up without notice. I looked outside my room window and didn't see anyone.

"Stop playing pranks with me."

"Today is Valentine's Day not April Fool's Day." He replied.

I felt a sudden heat up on my face, knowing that he was probably doing a surprise Valentine's Day for me. Is this really happening?! What could it be? Flowers? Chocolate? Food? I slapped myself at my 'childish thinking' coming back again.

"Everyday is April Fool's day for you Hamid." I joked while walking out of my room.

"Just come." He said and hung up before I could reply.

I scowled and looked at my phone. Silly boy. For some reason I felt a glint of happiness in my chest. I mean, wasn't I supposed to be angry that he just interrupted my sleep?

I walked outside the house to get to the gate. I opened the gate door and stepped outside. At first I see Hamid in front of my house. Then I see something else to my disappointment. A motorcycle. And not flowers.

He was sitting on it and I could tell that it belonged to him and not an Okada man. When he saw me, he smiled and rhythmically press the horn of the motorcycle. I hid the disappointment on my face and took a step forward.

"Wow." I looked at the motorcycle in fake amusement, "Did you steal it?"

He scoffed, "You think you're funny?"

"I like to think I am. Thank you." I folded my arms.

"So how do you like my first motorcycle?" He patted it.

"It's nice." I said honestly, staring at the brand new black and red Boxer engine motorcycle.

"And you're going to be the first person to ride it with me." He smiled.