Chapter 33

Song: Dynasty by Miia

Other song suggestions:
- Don't break my heart by Banky W
- Not your fault by PsychoYP ft Efe Oraka

A/N: Since we're like 10 or 11 chapters away to the end of this book, I just want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone that has taken out their time to read this book❤️. Mostly to those that have been voting and commenting and sending messages❤️❤️.
I know this book is not as good as it used to be but I'm trying all I can. And thank you for still reading up to this chapter. Bless you xx

Chapter 33

"Miriam! The early morning news has started!" Zainab shouted from the parlour.

I quickly put on my school shirt and ran to the parlour. Zainab was still in her towel, holding her wet toothbrush in her hand.

"Zainab! Go and dress up, we're late for school!" I shouted and came to stand beside her in front of the TV.

"But I will miss the news." She complained.

"Just go. I will tell you everything that happened." I pushed her away and she rushed to the room to get ready for the last day of school.

I picked up the TV remote and increased the volume to watch the NTA live news. Then I dropped it and buttoned my shirt with eyes glued on the TV. I never watched news but there was only one reason why I did today. Danjuma was attacked. And Hamid was there.

The headline of the news was: 'Bokoharam Attack in Danjuma Last Night'

"I did not expect them to come this soon." I said in worry. Hamid just left yesterday and the attack happened to be on the same night. This life was really mysterious.

On the news was a video of Danjuma's current situation. There were so many injured people, the whole environment was scattered and a lot of houses, buildings and cars were burnt and damaged. Some dead bodies were being carried. Some mothers cried for their children, especially those ones that were abducted by the bokoharam. There were also clips of injured people in the hospital. Some which included little children. And the remaining others fled from the town. Danjuma was in a very very bad condition at the moment.

Kaka came out of her room with her sack bag for work and quickly joined me to stand in front of the TV.

"Danjuma was attacked last night." I informed her, "I can't believe they've now entered Kaduna."

This was the worry now for all of us in Mansur and other parts of Kaduna. We could not tell if our local government was the next one to be attacked by bokoharam. For all we know was that the north east was not their only target anymore.

She nodded before her attention was drawn to something on the TV. She walked closer and pointed at what was written at the bottom sub-headline. I looked at it and on it wrote:

'15 missing, 22 injured and 7 people dead from the attack'

I gasped and put my hands over my mouth. I quickly rushed to my room to get my phone. I got back to the parlor to watch the news as I dialed Hamid's number. But the number was switched off.

My heart was starting to pound in my chest and it was too early for this. But I trusted Hamid. He would be safe. And since the attack has happened, he would be coming back home earlier than expected. Probably today.