Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Get inside the car." Aunty Vivian said coldly to her children, "We're leaving Kaduna now."

David took a step forward but Davina pulled him back by his collar.

"Why?" Davina snapped, "Who said we want to go?"

"Davina." Her mother frowned, "I don't have time to argue with you today. If you love your life, better enter this car now."

"I love my life, so I'm leaving you." Daniella said to Davina and took David along with her to the jeep.

Davina glared at her mother before she said to me, "Let's enter."

Kauna and I were about to enter the jeep but aunty Vivian stopped us.

"Wait wait wait." She sneered at me and Kauna, "Whose this?"

I looked at her in disbelief. This woman must be blind.

"Mummy." Davina waved her hands, "Its Miriam. Our cousin."

"This?" Her mother pointed at me like I was a 'thing'. She looked at me up and down in disdain before shaking her head. "I don't who that is. Davina enter the car."

"Mummy are you joking right now?" Davina scoffed, "We can't just leave them her-"

"Don't make me repeat myself again!" She snapped.

Davina eyed her mother and hissed before stomping to enter the other side of the car.

Aunty Vivian sneered at us before searching through her bag. She brought out some amount of 20 Naira notes and held it up.

"If it's money you're looking for," She said and stretched her hands outside the window, "Take."

I glared at her and slowly folded my arms, refusing to take her stupid money. What does she take us for? Cheap beggars?

"Because I'm being considerate." She hissed and flung the money to our faces, "Useless children."

She winds up her window as the money notes flew in the air around me. The jeep started driving off, leaving Kauna and I to stand alone outside.

Kauna looked at the money scattered on the ground and bent down to pick them up.

"Don't." I warned her while glaring at the jeep in a distance. The witch thinks I'm very stupid to believe she doesn't remember me. Let alone she thinks she can treat me like mess after what she did with aunty Claire.

Kauna didn't say anything but obeyed. I turned to the side to see a group of children watching us in a distance as they sat under a tree in front of the nearest house.

I ignored their stares and took Kauna's hand to leave that area. As we walked away, the children ran to where we left and all gathered to pack the money from the ground.

Kauna and I got to the house while the jeep was still parked inside the compound. As we entered the gate, I heard aunty Vivian shouting inside the house. At the same time, Davina stomped out of the house and entered the jeep before slamming the jeep door.