The Boy Born With Everything

Shouto P.O.V

"What are you doing here?"

"Is it wrong for a sister to be concerned for her brother?"

Fuyumi had lunch with me, but kept on glancing at me like she was trying to figure out something.

"What's wrong?" I asked, setting down my bento and she sighed, as if waiting for me to pick up on her acts.

"So, about this girl you keep talking about. . .?" She smiled, wanting me to tell her about a girl I've been supposedly talking about.

"What girl? I haven't said anything."

"I went to blow out the candle in your room last night because you fell asleep, and you kept muttering a girls' name. "Miwa, I think I'm falling in love with you", and other cute things!" She fawned over my dream last night and my cheeks turned pink.

Oh, right, that.

I shouldn't be dreaming about a classmate like that! Thinking I was her prince and she was my forbidden princess!

"Todoroki Shouto is blushing?! Okay! Who is my future sister-in-law?! Where is she?!" Fuyumi demanded, making several people look at us in the cafeteria and I sank back.

"Stop, Fuyumi. It was nothi-"

"Does your heart pick up its' pace when you're around her?"

What's she doing?

"Yes, quite often now."

"When she does certain things, do you blush?"

"S-Sometimes."

What's going on?

What am I doing?

"Was there one time where in one place she did something that made you think that she might be the one? Be the one to heal your wounds? Be the one to help you escape our dad? Be the one to love you unconditionally, no matter what the cost?"

". . .No."

"Huh?" She questioned, taken back by my answer.

"She's a wonderful woman, she's kind, selfless, she's risked her life for everyone. . .I like her. But it can never happen between us," I sat up, leaving the lunchroom with Fuyumi trailing behind me.