It is a Threat (Part 18)

You shook Mikasa awake signaling it was time to go. You both waited for long enough as a hour or so had passed and you both were on the elite team protecting Eren.

Mikasa woke up and looked at you smiling, or grinning actually in a way that made her look like she was plotting something.

"How long do we have?" Mikasa asked with the grin on her face.

"We used a lot of our much needed energy doing.... you know what....So I let you sleep until the last minute. Were due for TOA -Time of arrival- in about  around five minutes."

Mikasa giggled a little at your comment.

"I think that's enough time if we hurry." Mikasa asked suggesting you both could go ather round.

"The fate of humanity is in our hands Mikasa, Were the Elites, without us many people could die." You said to her.

"Five minutes huh? You're right that's not enough time. It takes me that long to get dressed." Mikasa said getting up.

"Your expressions and tone do not match your cold personality Mikasa." You said smiling.

"Oh shut up!" Mikasa said smiling a little

It was like you unclogged something in her system. Maybe it was just the affection that made her happy. Maybe it was just the attention. But now she couldn't stop smiling whenever you were in her presence. It was horrid that so many people on this mission spent their time praying to God, writing final letters because they thought this was the end for them, but you and Mikasa? No, you both indulged in amazing sex before the mission began. Maybe it was a reflex because you both thought you were not going to live through this, taking part of the strongest affliction of human affection as a defensive maneuver because deep inside you thought this may be the last time you could be together.

Finishing getting dressed you both walked out the door deciding that you both had enough gas and blades to well get you past the mission.

"Nervous?" Mikasa Asked.

"Nah, nor should you be, ill protect you with my life, and that life of mine will span for a very long time past this day. I swear it."

"Oh!!! My knight in shining armor." Mikasa said playfully.

You rolled your eyes a bit before not quite laughing, but blowing excess air out of your nose like you saw a meme that was just a tad bit over the ledge of humorous.

Arriving at HQ which was replaced with the top of the wall, Pyxis went over the plan. You, Mikasa, and a few other unlucky individuals were tasked with the protection of  Eren's titan. The even unluckier individuals had to fend off the titans after the traps were removed. 

"I'm sorry Eren, I've made you responsible for everything. if this doesn't work i don't know what they'll do to you.." a weary sounding Armin says.

"Not a damn thing." You replied, butting in.

You earned a head turn from almost every soldier and cadet on the wall area.

"I'm human, but I'm not on the side of humanity. I'm on the side of Eren, Armin, Mikasa, and myself, you four are all I care about. You guys can rest easy, i'm capable of dispatching anyone and everyone who thinks they can take you away from me."

"That's a broad statement, Cadet, could that be a threat?" Pyxis said

"It is a threat. One i want to make sure everyone knows I'm more than qualified to carry out."

"If the situation wasn't so erratic my response would be much more different." Pyxis replies.

Pyxis made a speech to the crowd of soldiers making sure everyone knows how important this is and how big of a dub this could be proclaimed.

The Five of the Elites were sent to the ground to rally on the rooftops along with Eren.

"You got this Eren. We're on your side. We'll always be on your defending side." Mikasa said to Eren right before he gave a understanding nod and jumped down to the boulder front.

Eren looked down and his hand before looking back up at You and Mikasa and closing his open palm in the air making a fist. He opened his hand and without a word violently bit into his thumb drawing blood and immediately came the yellow lightning with a greenish afterglow.

The lightning struck Eren and his titan formed by whole this time. You smiled and then left your mouth hanging to see that this amount of power was feasible to a human being. Titan Eren took  three steps towards the boulder with each step sending a rumble through the vicinity.

Eren's Titan stared at the giant rock for no more than fifteen seconds and then turned its head and attention towards Mikasa and you. Without any thinking Erens titan slid its arm back like the slide rack of a pistol and shot his own fist towards you two. The average human needed .25 seconds to react to any visual danger. You however could react in a fraction of the time which gave you quite some time to think about the situation.

 "This obviously isn't the thinking process of Eren, he has no motive to attack us. I knew we should have taken a different approach to this. Shit, i was sure he had this under control. *Sigh* This isn't going to look good at all, i cant protect you if you're trying to harm me dammit!"

 You went into defensive mode knowing that you had to protect Mikasa, yourself, and Eren's image. Two dead, young, Elite cadets who happened to be lovers, some of the best fighters in decades, and two of Eren's best friends did not send out a good message towards Eren's intentions.

There was no other choice, the only way to keep Mikasa unharmed was to counter. Ironic that the situation you cant dodge is the one you almost killed a squadron to have enforced. This is one of the dramatic moments that need to be visualized in slow motion. Using every bit of your might and by every bit and I mean to the drop, you countered with a punch of your own. As your arms collided Eren's was stopped right there with his elbow bent. Meaning he had not been out of range to hurt you. No, you had overpowered him in his titan form. Now of course every troop was watching this go down. 

The sound of two powerful beings share blows with maximum force was almost deafening. It almost sounded like a grenade exploding. The shock wave of air from the speed and strength blew shackles off of roofs and fluttered the elites clothes before it faded. 

"Oh, Fuck Me." Managed to escape your mouth before you felt your own bones shatter inside your wrist.

" Y/N!!!!" Mikasa shouted with the most worrisome tone ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Its been a while. Ive been wondering if i should give him a few superhuman abilities like the conjuring of fire or something. Tell me if i should just keep the strength speed and reflexes or add a thing or two. Thanks, and leave a vote, it only takes a second.