HADES' DAUGHTER

Being the daughter of Hades was no easy task. I had H/C hair with blue tips, and they were easily recognizable, not that everyone didn't know each other on the Isle. I kinda stuck to my own path, avoided any social interactions I could. They weren't for me. My father ran a Greek restaurant on the Isle, which directly competed with Ursula's Fish and Chips. This is what initially began the feud between my family and Uma's. I wasn't really involved in it, and I tried to stay away from it as possible.

Truth be told, I was in a really awkward place. I frequently had arguments with Uma, not that I would start them, so I spent some time with her, Harry, and Gil. I had began to develop feelings for Harry, surprisingly enough. He could be a little intense, but I knew he was shielding himself with a tough exterior. We all had that same mindset on the Isle. No one else is gonna look after you. That's completely up to you. I was kinda conflicted with my feelings for Harry. I didn't really feel comfortable acting on them because of the bad blood with Uma.

I knew they were close, but I didn't know if they were ever actually a thing. I sat behind the register at Hades' Souvlaki, snacking on pomegranate seeds and looking down at my lap. My black skirt was adorned with some paint drips. I was an artist, and any chance I got to slip away was a chance for me to paint something. My favorite thing to paint was the night sky. I always dreamed of seeing it for myself one day.

The cloud over the Isle blocked any view of the stars, blocked any chance of us seeing anything genuinely beautiful. Life here wasn't fair, but it's the way it was. I had talked to Harry about it before. He was also really interested in the stars. He said his dad had told him all about the stars and how they were bright and beautiful. I craved to see that for myself. But for now, I was stuck sitting on the edge of my seat, stuck behind the register.

I heard a loud huff and looked up to see Gil stomping over. "Hey Y/N, we found this with your name on the ship. Uma says she doesn't want your things on her boat, so like, don't do that!" he laughed, handing me the plank. I looked down at it, a painted piece of wood depicting the night sky with stars. I smiled and immediately knew who was behind the painting. "Tell Uma it won't happen again." I said, crossing my arms. Gil nodded and stalked off.

-

I ran my fingers over the wooden plank, smiling to myself as my feet dangled over the side of the walkway. I was sitting at the edge of the water, overlooking the murky bay and looking down at the plank in my hands. Harry and I usually met up here just to talk. I heard the familiar footsteps and smiled as I saw him approaching.  "Hey, sailor" I giggled, crossing my arms. He smiled widely as he came into view, plopping down next to me.

His eyes widened when he saw the plank in my hands. "Where'd you get that?" he asked cautiously. "Gil dropped it off at the shop earlier." I smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Weird." he said awkwardly, looking down at my lap. "Did you do this?" I asked, holding it up lightly. "Uh, y-yeah." he stuttered nervously. I laughed quietly to myself. I had never seen him so flustered. He was usually so flirty and confident. "Harry..." I whispered.

He turned his head to face me, a blush creeping over his cheeks. I didn't know what came over me, but I leaned in and kissed him. I didn't even realize what I was doing until after I did it. People didn't date on the Isle. It was mainly just drunken hookups. I felt his hand on my cheek, and I realized he had abandoned his hook to kiss me back. I melted into the kiss, his lips moving against mine. We finally pulled away and took a breath, looking down at our laps and blushing. "That was something." he smirked. I nodded and laughed nervously. 

"Thanks for the plank Harry, it's really beautiful." I mumbled, looking up at him with a shy smile. "Hey, I figured you could use some stars in your life. I already have mine." he winked, taking my hand in his. I squeezed his hand and smiled appreciatively, looking out at the water. The weeks would pass, and we would grow closer and crazier for each other. What could I say, he hooked me.

The End.