fighter

Being a pirate on Uma's ship was sort of like royalty here on the Isle. We were kept on a tight leash, trained all day and worked the fish and chips shop at night. It was a nice distraction on what I'd like to call life. Life in Y/N's world wasn't exactly peachy. I wasn't invited to Auradon, like everyone else here, and I was kinda bitter about it. Did Ben choose the four most feared villains? Why didn't he come back for more of us? When he picked the four of them, we all secretly hoped he'd pick one of us the following year. Our hope was pointless, because he never called for any of us. I don't know if I'd like Auradon, but it would definitely be better than staying here.

Nothing in my life was exactly special. My dad was a drunk piece of shit who used to use me as his punching bag. I think no kid on this island is truly evil, because Harry saw my bruises one day and recruited me to join the pirate crew. I moved in with the crew, left my awful excuse of a father behind, and never looked back. I see him sometimes, drinking away his sorrows at the bar. At this point, I felt like I'd never be free from his torment unless I left the Isle, which I didn't think would ever happen. The only thing that would keep me here was Harry himself. We weren't exactly an item, but I knew we liked each other. He was really protective of me and I was always defending his actions. I was sort of hesitant with my feelings because I knew he was close with Uma, but I learned that their relationship was that of a captain and first mate. They had nothing going on.

I didn't expect to ever act on my feelings. There's no relationships on the Isle. People just fuck around and hook up. Serious relationships didn't exist here. While my days mainly consisted of training with Harry. He was the best fighter on the ship, and I learned a lot from him. Our usual training session was interrupted by Uma storming in. "Gil just informed me that we have a few visitors." she seethed. "Who?" asked Harry, setting down his sword. "Mal and her puppets." muttered Uma. "Do you know why they're back?" I wondered, raising an eyebrow. "No idea. Harry, Y/N, I need you to take Ben. We need him as a bargaining chip. I'm gonna get us off of this Isle once and for all." she smiled wickedly. Harry and I looked at each other excitedly before putting away our equipment and making our way to Mal's loft.

-

Harry and I stood guarding Ben. He was tied to a sail post and was desperately trying to escape. Harry and I were threatening him, just for the sake of our own enjoyment. I don't think Harry or I would have ever actually hurt Ben, but we liked to scare him. "I think I'm ready to chop you up and feed you to the sea." I smirked, leaning down and squatting in front of Ben. He looked at me with wide eyes, obviously scared out of his mind. I laughed and patted his face playfully. "All in good time." I whispered, standing back to my feet. "I can't wait to hook you." smirked Harry, holding his hook to the side of Ben's face. I laughed and put my arm on Harry's shoulder.

"Stand down." said Uma, walking up to where we were guarding. "Uma, it doesn't have to be like this. You don't need me to get what you want. I can take you to Auradon, you'll be free." smiled Ben hopefully. Harry and I began snickering behind her. "Why didn't you come back for the rest of us, Ben? We don't want to go to Auradon anymore. Bringing us now would only help your holy image, and that's a narrative I'm not interested in." said Uma, untying him from the post and pulling him up to a stand. "Time to walk the plank." smiled Harry, grabbing him from Uma's grip and leading him towards the side of the ship.

Mal and the rest of the VK's showed up. She tried tricking Uma into believing the wand was real, but we knew it was fake. We broke out into a sword fight, and I immediately began fighting with Ben. His sword skills weren't that great, but he was a lot bigger than me. I spun out of his path, but he swung his arm over and slashed the side of my arm. "Fuck!" I hissed, blocking his sword with mine. I kicked him in the chest and tossed him off of the platform I was on. He landed on the side of the stairwell, where Harry immediately held his hook to Ben's neck. "You fucking hurt her, you bastard." he seethed, pressing the hook harder on Ben's neck. "I didn't mean to." mumbled Ben, ducking under his grasp and holding out his sword.

Harry was faster than Ben, pushing him back up the stairs towards the side of the ship. Harry was blocked by Jay, and I immediately jumped down and came to his side to help him. Ben and I locked swords, and I swept my leg under him and made him fall. Jay took his sword and knocked Harry's hook out of his hand, throwing it over the side of the ship and into the water. I groaned as the pain on my arm became unbearable. I ripped off the side of my shirt and tried wrapping it, but failed. Harry looked between the sea and at me before sighing and coming over to help me tie the fabric. I bit my lip in pain as he tightened it around the wound. The blood was starting to soak the fabric, but it would be enough to hold me over until after the fight. "Harry, what are you doing? Your hook will get lost in the water." I mumbled, trying to shove him towards the side of the ship.

He took my hips in his hands to stop me and shook his head. "You're more important than some shit piece of metal, Y/N." he muttered, looking deeply into my eyes. A smoke bomb went off right next to us, making me jump in surprise. I suddenly remembered what was going on and shimmied out of his grip. "Go get your hook, I've got this." I whispered. He nodded and dove out to the water. I turned and got ready to start fighting when I realized that Mal had separated our sides and kicked down the bridge. I crossed my arms angrily as I watched them disappear through the large pipe. Harry climbed up the side of the ship, hook in hand, and I came over and used my good arm to pull him up onto the deck. He sat up and put the hook on the floor, looking at me and breathing heavily. "Guess you got lucky." I smiled, pushing back his wet hair from his face. "Guess so." he shrugged.

The water dripped down his face, and I took my thumb and wiped away what had smeared the black from his eyelids. "How's the arm?" he asked seriously. "I'll be fine, maybe a few stitches." I mumbled, fixing the smudges from the other side of his face. "All good." I smirked. "Not quite." he mumbled, making me raise an eyebrow. He took the side of my face in his hand and looked deeply into my eyes before smashing his lips against mine. I moaned in surprise but immediately kissed him back. We pulled away breathlessly, all smiles. "I thought he had seriously hurt you." he muttered angrily. "It'll take a lot more than that to take me out." I laughed, blushing slightly. "That's my girl." he smirked, leaning in and kissing me again.