merida's daughter

My mother Merida had trained me, prepared me for many things. However, being held hostage with the king of Auradon was not on my list of things I was ready for. Coming to the Isle was supposed to be a learning experience for me, and it was supposed to bring Mal back home. I came in case they needed extra hands in combat. Clearly, that didn't work out so well. I was stuck tied to a sail post on a dirty ship. The water smelled horrid, and the pirates gave me dirty looks.

This was not a place I was comfortable in. Ben kept reassuring me that Mal and the rest of the gang would save us, but I knew not to rely on others before saving myself. I was ready to do whatever was necessary to get myself out of this situation. Harry came by and untied us from the post, holding his hook at Ben's neck and dragging us over to the side of the ship. "You'll both walk the plank." he smirked, smiling devilishly.

As if right on cue, Mal showed up with all of our friends. I smiled widely as I saw their familiar faces. We had enough hands now to try and make it out of here alive. Everything would be okay. Once Uma realized the wand was fake, chaos broke loose. Jay came and cut us loose, tossing us each a sword to fight with. Ben was sort of new at this, but I was totally in my element. As each pirate came at me, all the skills my mother taught me kicked in.

I sailed past each pirate, up until it came time for one Harry Hook at the other end of my blade. We moved our swords against each other's, brows furrowed in concentration. "Where'd a little princess like you learn to fight, lass?" he asked with a smirk. "My mother taught me. Actually, If my parents knew what I was doing they'd kill me." I admitted. We went at it for a little bit until we were both visibly surprised at the smoke bombs that were going off. I took the opportunity to try and jump up on the platform to get to everyone else.

Much to my dismay, the platform was out of my reach. I felt two strong arms lift me from the ground, and I groaned when I saw it was Harry. "Put me down!" I groaned. "Shut up, I'm helping you." he muttered, lifting me so I could reach up to the platform. I used my arms to lift myself out of his arms and smiled down at him. "Thanks, sailor." I giggled, crossing my arms. "Don't die, Y/N." he shrugged, walking off to the rest of his crew.