ben's twin sister part 2

I had spent the majority of the day training with Mal to prepare for the sword fight tomorrow morning. This rescue was just as important to me as it was to Mal. Even though we didn't always see eye to eye, Ben was still my twin brother. I loved him more than anyone. I felt the sweat on my forehead as I ran through the final drill, exhaling in relief once we finished. "Good job, Y/N. Just do the same thing tomorrow." said Mal, giving me a hug and walking to the bathroom to shower.

I decided to head down and walk for a bit to clear my head. There were too many things on my mind right now. I rounded the corner of the alley and walked along the edge of the murky water. I stared down at my feet as I walked, replaying the moves Mal showed me in my head. I heard light footsteps behind me, and I grabbed by sword and turned quickly to face the person following me. My sword landed with a clang against a very familiar hook. I rolled my eyes as Harry's figure stood in front mine. "What do you want? Haven't you taken enough from me?" I seethed.

"Your sword skills aren't very good, love. Maybe you should work on that more." he smirked, crossing his arms. "I'd be happy to help, for the right price of course." he winked. "Harry, what the fuck do you want?" I muttered, clipping my sword back onto my belt. "Can't a lad go for a night stroll?" he asked, holding up his arms and motioning up to the sky. "Can't he do so without following me?" I hissed, raising an eyebrow. "You can tell a wee prince what to do with himself, but don't come onto my territory and boss me around." he warned, raising his hook tauntingly. I scoffed and shook my head, laughing mockingly.

"You're delirious if you think empty threats are gonna scare me." I laughed. He sighed and shook his head, holding up his hook to eye level. "You need to practice. Let's go." he said. I was taken back by his gesture, by his want to help me. "Why do you care?" I asked, releasing my sword and holding it up. "I like a fair fight." he shrugged. I moved my sword from the left, to which he dodged it and grabbed it with his hook. He scraped the side of the blade, causing little sparks to radiate off of it. I did a series of lunges and strikes, but he was always one step ahead of me. There wasn't much I could do to blindside him. If I tried to sweep him from under the leg or above the head, he would always dodge me. He was used to this kind of thing.

We practiced for what seemed like hours, until I triumphantly held the sword to his neck. We were both breathing heavily, and he smiled widely. "Congrats, princess. You finally got it." he smirked, raising an eyebrow. I put down the sword and smiled sheepishly, looking down at my feet. "Uh, thanks for that. It felt good." I admitted, scratching my arm awkwardly. He took a step closer to me, lifting my chin with his hand. "Be careful tomorrow." he warned. I looked deep into his eyes, as blue and as dangerous as the ocean, and something overcame me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smashed my lips against his. He moaned in surprise and kissed me back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

This was wrong, and I knew it. He was responsible for the fate of my brother. He was on the wrong side of the fight. And yet, why did this feel so right? Why did I feel electric and alive? We pulled away, eyes wide and both thinking the same thing. In another world, we were meant to be. I shook my head and looked down, staring at my feet and I tried to wrap my head around what had just occurred. "Y/N..." he started. "This didn't happen. I'll see you at the ship tomorrow. Don't go easy on me." I warned, looking up at him threateningly and running off to the loft. I felt the tears come to my eyes as I ran back. I didn't know what I was feeling, but I knew nothing would ever come of it.

The next day rolled around, and we went through the entirety of the sword fight. Mal yelled my name and pulled me back onto the huge pipe before kicking down the bridge that connected it to the ship. I breathed heavily as I watched it crumble to the murky waters down below. The rest of the group ran off to the car as quickly as they could, but I couldn't stop myself from staying back and seeing if Harry was alright. He caught my eye as I scanned the boat, and he smiled up at me. I could see a dark sadness in his eyes, one that mimicked my own. He blew me a kiss and winked, sending me off on my way to Auradon and leaving him behind. I turned and ran back to the car, relieved we had Ben back, but tortured by the fact that I couldn't do anything but leave Harry behind.