pieced together 4

I sighed as I stood in front of the mirror. I wore a powder blue dress that was completely covered in flower embroidery. The top had a thin corseted design that came up into a sweetheart neckline, and the skirt was adorned with tulle and flowed whimsically when I walked. I paired it with white strappy sandals, making it an overall clean and fresh look. I bit my lip as I looked at my reflection, fixing the stray hairs and triple checking to make sure my makeup was presentable. Why was I so dressed up? Today was the red-carpet premiere of the film.

I was completely overwhelmed, not only with the amount of people present, but with the reaction the movie would get. We all worked really hard on it, and we wanted to make sure it lived up to the expectations of the first film. Also, this was the first carpet I would be walking with Thomas. We had been together for almost six months now, and things were going really great. We lived together now, and our families had met and gotten along really well. That aspect of my life was really good right now. It didn't help with my nerves though.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my white marbled clutch from the table, tapping my nails against it as I waited for Thomas to come downstairs. We had people come get us ready at our place in LA, but Thomas' suit had arrived late. Thankfully, we still had more than enough time until the premiere. The issue was walking the carpet with enough time. I sighed in relief when I heard him clamoring down the stairs. He wore a navy blue fitted suit that perfectly complimented mine.

I smiled widely as he looked up at me, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck. "Don't you look handsome." I mumbled, pecking his lips lightly. I wiped the bit of lip gloss that had transferred off of his lips and giggled. "Ready to go?" he asked. I nodded and smiled, taking his hand and following him out to the car. We slid into the backseat of the SUV as the driver took off. Thomas looked over at me, making me squirm and raise an eyebrow. "Quit staring at me, weirdo." I giggled.

"I can't help it." he winked, making me blush. We rolled up to the red carpet, and I instantly felt my stomach in knots. I gulped nervously, tapping my nails nervously against my clutch. Thomas noticed my apprehension and took my hand. "What's going on, love?" he asked, rubbing my hand comfortingly. "I-I can't do this." I shook my head, eyes wide. "There's so many people. What if they don't like me? And you look so good, and I don't know if I like this dress." I started, rambling nervously. Thomas took my chin in his hand and turned my gaze to face his.

"Y/N, you look stunning, you did great in the film, and everyone is gonna go nuts over it. I swear on it. If you get nervous, just look at me, nugget." he whispered, kissing the top of my knuckles. I nodded nervously and followed him out of the car. He helped me with the train of my dress before closing the door behind us. I took his hand and followed him out to the carpet. We walked up to the photographing platform and smiled, Thomas wrapping his arm around me. I put my hand on his chest, smiling as the cameras flashed.

"Y/N! Thomas! Give us a kiss!" yelled the photographers. Thomas laughed and kissed my cheek, making me giggle. The photographers went wild, yelling over each other. I took Thomas' arm as we walked on towards the interviewers that lined the carpet. We went to each person, answering questions about the film and about our role in filming. It wasn't until the last of the interviewers that the questions focused on Thomas and me rather than the film. "So, did you two meet on set?" asked the interviewer named Jared.

"We did." nodded Thomas, wrapping his arm around my waist and looking down at me with a smile. "What's the story? How did you two get together?" Jared wondered. "You know, it's sort of an inside story for us and the rest of the cast. That was over six months ago, and we've grown a lot since then." I answered carefully. "Filming Descendants 2 was the biggest blessing for the both of us and we're really proud of how it came out." concluded Thomas, rubbing my back instinctively as he spoke. Jared said his goodbyes before allowing us to continue on. I took Thomas' hand as we entered the movie theater. "This is it." I mumbled nervously. "Let's go." he smiled, leading me through the main doors.