Eleven

"I'll come and pick you up around 9. I won't be drinking don't worry, someone's going to have to make sure you get home safe:)" -Cpt. Sid

Emerson felt an involuntary smile form on her lips seeing the text Sidney sent her. At morning skate he made sure to get her address and remind her she wasn't getting out of this. Soon after Hagelin came up to her, with a smirk, and proceeded to say, "We don't even get drinks from our Captain!"

Of course it made Emerson wonder why she was suddenly so special, but instead she chose to just brush it off. The two were at least at a friend level, and it wasn't like this was her first time going out with a guy.

"What should I wear?" Emerson called down from her loft bedroom to where Pete was watching TV on the couch.

"When is he getting here?"

"Like an hour!"

"Look cute but casual!"

"Alright I'll try."

Emerson scanned through her closet and drawers trying to think of something appropriate. The last thing she wanted was to be too far over on either side of the casual and dressy scales. This was far from a date but still not a get together with all the boys.

Finally she decided on a pair of boyfriend jeans and a loose white top. It was a comfy shirt that had one of those small pockets on the front. Her hair still had a slight wave from all the braiding she had been doing to it. She didn't feel the need for any makeup.. a pair of converse would work well enough, and now she would need a jacket.

Emerson had plenty of time until 9, but she'd rather just be completely ready to go and wait until then.

She hopped down the stairs to go to the living room one by one. She opened the closet by the door and looked at what her best options on coats would be.

"Wear something light." Pete called over his shoulder.

"Huh why? It's November, it's freezing."

"So then he'll give you his jacket!"

"Pete this isn't a date!" Emerson rolled her eyes as she grabbed one of her old Boston College performance/warm up jackets. Once the jacket was in hand she went and plopped down on the couch as well, "what are you watching?"

"Some show called 90 Day Fiance. Pretty interesting."

"Huh.."

Emerson spent the rest of the time before Sid came to get her watching television and dealing with Pete's dragging questions. He wanted to make sure she had eaten, drank water- for some reason he was thinking that one drink would result in her getting dead drunk. He really refused to listen to her and not blow things out of proportion.

Either way Emerson was excited for tonight.

***

Sidney and Emerson walked side by side in the chilly night air. They had to park about two blocks away from the bar Sidney chose to go to, but Emerson couldn't complain. She enjoyed looking up at his bigger frame as they walked together, him making her feel safe with the looming buildings around them. Cities at night always made her nervous, but right now she didn't feel that.