Twelve

When Emerson woke up the next morning she felt anew. It was like waking up from the best nights sleep, in the best mood- not with a headache or a burning sensation in your eyes. She had a smile plastered onto her face as she laid comfortably in a large shirt. Today the Edmonton Oilers would be coming to them, and she was starting. She had a good feeling about the game today as she woke up feeling on cloud nine.

But there was limited time left before the game would begin. Emerson was walking besides Fleury down the halls towards the lockeroom.

"I'm only a little salty Sid took my rookie out for drinks before I got the chance to."

"Then you should've gotten on that!"

Marc only giggled with a shrug as they kept walking, "But how was it?"

"It was fun! I feel like we were on a much more personal level as friends rather than Captain and rookie. Ya know?" Emerson hoped that her cheeks weren't getting red like she felt they were. It was hard for a smile not to start forming on her lips as she talked about him.

"Totally! Though I'm going to have to talk to him about stealing you away from me. He's gotta know his boundaries with rookies!"

"It's not that big of a deal Flower! He's not the one giving me his goalie expertise on a daily basis- nor is his non-existent wife constantly checking up on me!" Marc laughed heartily knowing how true that was, "Oh and I have to give her back a sweater she lent me so I may have to give it to you."

"I'll make sure she gets it back.. she loves you, and it was super funny when last night Estelle kept asking when you were coming over next!"

Emerson loved the Fleury daughters- just really the whole family in general, "are they going to be at the game tonight?"

"Yes? Probably up in one of the suites. Safer for them, I wouldn't have to worry about my three girls."

Emerson grinned at his words, "I can't even get over how cute you guys are. Like what the heck!" that whole family was just goals and she was grateful they were so welcoming to her. But because of that she hated over staying or budding into their lives more than she already was because of hockey. But she had to say, Véronique was very helpful when it came to her issues with Gio. Having a girl to finally get everything off her shoulders to was new and nice.

It was funny to see Marc's whole face go red. He adored his family more than anything and it was very evident.

Getting into the lockeroom it was already time to start getting ready. Ems always felt a slight tinge of guilt when she was starting over Flower. He had been in Pittsburgh for years, always having the spotlight as the goalie. Of course she had been used to that on her last two teams, but here she wasn't expecting these chances so early in the season.

Stick was taped. All her under armour was on. All that was left were the pads. She was sitting in front of her cubby with her name over top. She wanted to try to stay as calm as possible but it was hard not to.

"Feeling good?" Emerson opened her eyes to look up at who was talking to her, though by the voice she already knew.

"Yep. Just getting myself ready mentally I guess."

"Good... I'll see you out there then." there was something in his eyes that he was contemplating. It looked like he was about to turn to walk away yet he stopped and continued talking, "Sorry we haven't talked today, I wanted to see how you were but I have such a specific routine-"

"Sid seriously you're good. I didn't even notice to be honest, I've been doing my own thing." Ems didn't require someone to talk to her constantly about things. She probably wouldn't even notice if they didn't talk for a few days.

Goalie // Sidney Crosbyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें