Twenty-Eight

February 1st. Under a month has gone by.

"You're seriously one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met, you never cease to surprise me!" Pete was going on and on about Emerson as she walked into their kitchen, heels clicking on the tile. The goalie was wearing a short, shimmering gold dress with an extremely low dipping back.

"Oh stop that.." Emerson turned pink at her friends compliment. Pete constantly gawked about how she always looking 'so hot', in his terms, "you look pretty dapper yourself."

Pete was dressed in a black suit, white shirt and with a gold tie to match her dress perfectly. Almost every member of the Penguins were bringing dates besides some of the younger guys and Sidney. Emerson decided bringing Pete would be fun for him and helpful for her- as in showing up with someone. Emerson had introduced Pete to some of the wags including Catherine and Veronique and with his social-ness she he would be fine.

"I am so excited to finally attend an event with you!"

"We haven't had that many events for me to take you to Pete.." She tolled her eyes playfully.

"Oh whatever. We ready to start heading over?"

"Yep."

"Who's Sid bringing?" Pete asked as he finished washing his hands, he had insisted on eating something before.

"No one, why?"

"Just curious is all I guess." Pete didn't know about the relationship. He knew she had feelings for the older hockey player, but he didn't know they were official. It absolutely killed Emerson to lie to both him and Kelsey about it- just in the end she hoped they'd understand, "you're sure he's not actually dating some model?"

Ems rolled her eyes. Pete always tried doing this to get a reaction out of her, "yes Pete. I pretty much know every detail about everyone of those guys love lives. Trust me, I hear it all."

"Try to ask around if any of them know anyone-"

"Don't even bud." she cut him off before he could get going, "we're gonna be late if we get into this convo."

"Okay okay lady, let's go."

Emerson grabbed a jacket as she followed Pete out the door of their apartment. She knew tonight was going to be fun- it was her first Casino Night after all.

***

Emerson made her way to the locker room where her teammates were, for the picture. Pete had left to be with Catherine so thankfully he had someone to keep him occupied.

But Emerson's stomach was in knots. This would be the first time Sidney would be seeing her dressed up in this way while they were dating. She hoped he'd think she looked good, she was nervous to see him.

Their relationship was going great in her opinion- as great as it could go trying to keep it from the average person and close teammates. Most of the older guys on the top lines that were close to Sid knew, she was teased constantly. And of course he told his parents and sister, which right there made Emerson realize just how much he wanted this with her. But at the same time it was hard since 75-80% of the locker room didn't know, including the coaching staff. Honestly she wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan had already figured it out for himself.. Whereas Olli and Jake were too blind to even have it be a thought.

Emerson smiled thinking back to the night after their win in Carolina when Olli and Jake tried to hook her up with some guy. Basically the whole team went out to a bar, and the two young guys took it upon themselves to find her someone. The look of jealousy in Sidney's eyes was strong enough to be seen from miles away, and he was far from happy with the two boys. If that there didn't give away the two of them, then she was positive nothing would.