Twenty

***I feel like ya'll are gonna hate me for this chapter! But enjoy Emerson's faceclaim Hannah lookin good in that dress above it's what she's wearin this ch***

After the win against Montreal, everyone rushed to get home and dressed for tonight.

The Pittsburgh team decided they would all spend New Years Eve with eachother and rent out a private lounge to watch the ball drop.

Emerson was beyond excited as she skipped into the modern building to take the elevator up to the pent level. She was adorned in a short, strapless silver and gold dress with a black belt. She also had a black clutch and high black heels that made her feel unstoppable. Her loosely curled hair bounced on her shoulders where her jacket was doing a poor job of keeping her warm. But now inside the building that didn't matter.

She was actually pretty late arriving, it was a little past 11 pm now. Getting ready took a lot longer than she was expecting it to, and Pete wanted to make sure she looked perfect before he headed off to a company party as well. Even Kelsey facetimed to put her two cents in.. Overall, Ems was very happy with how she looked feeling confident and beautiful.

As the elevator dinged letting her off on her floor, she stripped the jacket off onto the coat hanger and walked past security into the lounge. The large room had windows all around peering out over the city, letting the night sky in. It was dark but easy to see with the moonlight, and flashing lights everywhere. This reminded her of a sophisticated nightclub where people went to have a good time. She loved the modern touches down to all the 2017 decorations. The only thing different was that music wasn't being blasted, only played lowkey- which she thought was great.

As she walked more into the room she heard her name shrieked, "Emerson!" coming right at her with wine glasses in hand were Véronique Fleury and Catherine Letang. The two older women flung their arms around her,

"Ooh you look stunning!" their hands ran along the sequenced dress taking in every part of her body.

"God your hair and makeup is perfect! This must be why you're so late.. by an hour!"

"Sorry about that. I did get caught up." Emerson was happy to hear she had been missed and people were waiting on her. It was rare for all the players and their girls to be in one room like this, so tonight was sure to be interesting.

"Sid's been waiting for you." Véronique wiggled her eyebrows with a playful smile. Her tone very 'knowing'.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I'm sure he is." she didn't want to blush or think he really wanted to see her. She was still trying to deny things- though after dinner the other night that would be hard.

"Well he doesn't have to say it for us to know he's thinking it. Come on, I think my husband's about to call 911 cause you're missing." Véronique rolled her eyes dragging the younger girl to where most of her teammates were. Ems giggled thinking of how Marc could be over dramatic at times and how he was being right now, most likely with alcohol in hand.

Emerson's heart rate was starting to increase as she was brought closer to a familiar group of people. Geno, Kris, Chris, Marc, Phil, Patric, Sidney and many others all sitting talking. Of course she knew Jake and Olli were off probably drinking too much, but she couldn't worry about that now.

"Ems! Thank god you've finally decided to show up!" Flower jumped to his feet to pull her into a hug.

"Took you long enough kid." Phil grumbled out, "the ladies have been waiting they were getting obnoxious."

"Sorry. I got held up." Ems nervously ran her hands down the hem of her dress trying to smooth something that didn't need to be. All attention was on her which meant so was Sid's.