Thirteen

Emerson lay in her hotel bed staring up at the boring white ceiling. They had lost to the Washington Capitals 7-1.. even though both her and Fleury played, it counted as a lose on her side. She always hated how this felt, and for her it felt worst since it was their first loss where she had played. Of course Emerson knew how to handle losing, it's apart of the game, but it's never easy to accept.

It was strange how lately it felt like her whole life revolved around sitting in a hotel room with damp hair after a shower. She always found herself laying in an old large shirt and shorts. But Emerson really couldn't complain. She had the room to herself, could watch whatever on TV and had a lot more downtime than people would expect.

Making her perk straight up was the sudden knocking on the door. She swore if this was Marc coming back to check on her she wasn't opening it.

Looking through the peep hole she saw Sidney standing there, his hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans. She knew a few of the guys went out for drinks but she wondered why he hadn't changed if they were back.

Right away she opened the door, "Hey Cap."

"Ems. Care if I come in?" Emerson learned pretty quickly to stay away from certain people after a loss. Sid wasn't necessarily one of them, but she stayed away nonetheless. Thinking about making him upset or him being upset towards her would practically be a nightmare.

"Oh of course not."

Emerson sat down on the edge of her bed as he took a seat on the couch. She could tell he definitely wasn't in the mood he had been in back in the lockeroom. Her eyes were glued to his form, the way his black long sleeve stuck to his form showing his muscles. The young girl shifted on the white covers trying not to stare at the older attractive man.

"How are you feeling?" he stared into her eyes, "you didn't cry did you..?"

"No! Oh this is old mascara that takes a while to come off so it's just immensely smudged. Losing sucks yah, but I'm fine. Besides, Flower was in here keeping me captive for what felt like ever, making me basically talk about my feelings." she chuckled thinking about how over the top he was being.

"Alright good. And that doesn't surprise me coming from him. He thinks very highly of you."

"Well I think highly of you all anyways so I hope that's reciprocated." she sighed leaning back onto her forearms.

"Trust me it is."

"Are the guys still out?" Emerson wasn't sure what else to talk about in this moment so she brought that up, "It's a bit early seeming.."

"Yeah they are. Never fun losing to Ovi's team honestly. But I just felt like coming back to the hotel and figured you were still up."

"Yah I don't sleep much obviusly."

"You should be more wary of that..."

"Says you." she cocked an eyebrow at him, "you sleep much less than I do."

"True. I'm older than you though.." Sid folded his arms, which was a usual thing for him to do Emerson noticed. She couldn't complain though, his arms were nice. But right now she definitely had to prove him wrong.

"That has nothing to do with it!!"

"I personally think it-"

She then cut him off saying very jokingly, "Don't elderly people need more sleep?"

"Now that's just rude." he teased right back.

"Not rude if it's true."

Emerson suddenly stood up and walked over to the window which peered out over the city of Washington. The lights of the buildings and cars passing by were actually something she enjoyed. Cities always drew her in. Sidney watched her curiously as she stood staring out, "do you get used to this? I mean, never being home and practically living in hotels."