Thirty

The Penguins were going to be taking on the Blue Jackets, and it was just minutes from puck drop. Games against Columbus would either be uneventful or the exact opposite, especially with Sid and Dubinsky in the same rink. Sid was always a seemingly calm guy, always taking any shit thrown at him. Mainly it was against the Flyers when he would lose it- but certain guys (like Dubinsky) really knew how to get a rise out of him.

Emerson was in the crease as she watched Geno heading over to the refs to do the face off. Her eyes flicked over to the bench where Sidney sat with a stern and focused face. She wished she knew about what he was thinking during games, imagine getting to know what was going through The Crosby's head.. During a game Emerson always wanted to impress him and all her other teammates- living up to any expectations her boyfriend had was important to her.

It was barely into the 3rd period, when Dubinsky muttered something off to the side of Emerson. Emerson had just scooped up the puck so there was a stoppage of time-

"Pretty little ass isn't doing too hot right now, huh?" Emerson grimaced as she clearly saw the Blue Jacket wink her way.

Dubinsky had heard some of the rumors regarding the Penguins goalie and Captain. No one cared to make a deal about it, especially him as a married man. However, he knew he could use this knowledge not many knew to his advantage. He'd take another way to piss off Sidney Crosby any day.

5 minutes later..

The game was now tied up as Atkinson scored, and Dubinsky had an assist. Emerson felt beyond frustrated, feeling a pent up anger she hadn't felt since college. There wasn't even anything she could do right now- especially with Dubinsky chirping in her ear constantly.

It was right after they scored on her, Dubinsky skated over and nudged, "You're here for eye candy hun. That's about it. Just ask your good ol' Captain."

This wasn't the first time she had been chirped since coming to the nhl. It didn't bother her as down in college most of those guys would say some pretty sexual things. But someone bringing up Sidney to her made her unnerved and uncomfortable. Thankfully, if you could consider that, Sidney was close by, overheard some of the comments and was right in the rivals face. Her heart lurched watching Sid get involved.. it would bring suspicion she thought, but then again any of the guys would have helped too.

It wasn't unusual for Dubinsky and Sid to have tussles, but for Sid to start it- everyone was now on their feet. The refs were standing by as the two men started throwing down the gloves and then fists, helmets barely staying on as they struggled for balance. All other players were checking each other so no one else would get involved, cheers were erupting in the arena and from the benches.

Emerson was shocked by what she was watching. But at the same time she was trying to wipe a grin off her lips, cheeks red, almost swelling with some type of emotion that Sidney was actually fighting someone- technically for her. Except. Him fighting scared her and probably every Pittsburgh fan out there as his history with concussions was terrifying.

The fight was coming to an end as Dubinsky tumbled down with Sid on top. Sid was holding the collar to Brandon's jersey and it was clear to anyone on the ice or watching up close that he was saying something. And what was being said, Emerson wasn't sure if she wanted to know.

The refs were trying to pull Sid away but he was being difficult. And then for whatever reason, Sidney was being ejected. Sullivan was yelling from the bench, the crowd booing.

Emerson could clearly see the anger in Sidney's eyes, his hair messy, and some blood trickling down from his lip. He was frustrated by Dubinsky and even more frustrated he couldn't have been given a penalty rather than completely out of the game.