My Knight In Shining Knee Brace

Normani's POV

After Lauren went to the shower I put my clothes back on and went to sit on my couch. I grabbed my phone and called one of my favorite people in the whole world.

"Hello" she answered

"Hey, Di." I say

"Oh hey Moniz. What's up?"

"Umm nothing really. I was just calling. You busy today?"

"Nope. I just got finished with some stuff with the studio so I'm pretty free for the rest of the day."

"Awesome. I was thinking, you, me shopping?"

"Oh sure babe, I'll meet you at your house in…20 minutes."

"Okay I'll see you when you get here. Bye."

"Kay, Bye."

After I got off of the phone with Dinah, Lauren comes out of the bathroom. She walks into my bedroom and I just get up and go to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and put some clothes on. When I'm finished getting ready, I walk into the living room and I see Lauren in the kitchen by the door. Her hair is in curls that stop a little past her neck – Lauren kept the short hair from high school-. She has on a black blazer with a white V neck under it. With black skinny jeans that hug her curves in all the right places and some black heels. And to finish it off she has on some dark aviator sunglasses. God this woman can make the simplest outfit sexy.

I have on something similar to what she's wearing. I have on a grey cardigan with a dark blue shirt underneath, grey skinny jeans and heels. I curled my hair and I let the fall into loose curls down to my shoulders.

"Where are you going?" I ask as I look around for my purse.

"I told Mila we'd hang out today. Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm just going shopping with Dinah…Ah Ha!" I say when I find my purse on the side of the couch.

"Oh well have fun, text me later." She says and then comes over to give me a kiss and then leaves.

Ten minuets after Lauren left I heard Dinah Jane walks in. Since I gave her a key a few months ago when she kept locking herself out of her apartment, so she would have somewhere to go until Zendaya comes home, she never knocks anymore. She just comes in.

"Hey Moniz." She says when she comes into the kitchen. I'm standing by the sink because I just washed the dishes Lauren and I made.

"Hey DJ," I say and give her a hug.

She walks over to the island and takes a piece of extra bacon that was on a plate, on the counter.

"So Lo was here?" she asks. How the hell did she know that?

"Wha- How did you know that?" I ask. She hops on the counter and grabs another piece of bacon.

"Because you don't cook bacon like this, only Lauren. Your bacon is all crunchy and sometimes dry. Lauren's is just…perfect. Not soft but not too crunchy." She says eating her third piece.

"You don't like my cooking?" I ask. I pretend to be hurt and pout. She hops off of the island and comes to hug me

"Aww Mani, I like your cooking…Lauren's is just better." She says laughing and I can't help but laugh too. After we stopped laughing I said.

"Yeah she was here, she left about ten minutes before you came."

"You guys totally did it didn't you?" she says with a playful grin.