Old Habits Die Hard

Lauren's P.O.V

I'm so nervous. Lately I haven't been feeling like myself. I'm tired, nauseous. I've been having some back pain and headaches. I just thought it was stress you know, with this Normani situation and other things. But I've missed two periods and I read sometimes stress can cause that but I'm worried that isn't it. I think I'm pregnant. My stomach has even started to stand out a little more. So this is how I ended up in the doctor's office.

I'm sitting on the table nervously chewing my nails. I already took the pregnancy test and now I'm just waiting for the doctor to come back with the results.

"Would you stop chewing your nails? You're making me nervous." Mila says from her seat on the other side of the room.

I asked her to come with me because Dinah was busy and Normani is mad at me and I don't really want Ally to be here. I have no idea whose baby this is if I am pregnant so I don't really want to have that conversation right this second. So since Camila works at the hospital right behind this doctor's office I asked her and she said yes.

I didn't respond and still chew my nails. She goes back to reading her magazine. We sat in silence for a while until she said

"Oh my gosh! Do you see some of the disgusting things they have in this?" She was looking in some magazine about pregnancy and child birth and making faces every so often.

"Mila would you stop. I'm freaking out over here!" I say and she puts the book down and comes to my side and grabs my hand.

"Sorry. I know you're nervous…it'll be alright." She says and then pulls me into a sideway hug. I hug her back and sigh.

"What am I going to do Camila?"

"Well first, your going to calm down because we don't even know if your pregnant or not yet. So lets just wait for the doctor okay?" she says and rubs my arm comfortingly.

A few minutes later Dr. Ray comes in and says "Okay Ms. Jauregui. We have your results." She holds up a manila folder in her hands and flips it open and pushes her glasses up.

She reads over a paper and then says,

"It looks like you're almost 10 weeks pregnant." She says and I gape at her. Fuck! How could this have happened?

"B-But how? I'm on birth control." I ask,

"Well nothing is one-hundred percent Ms. Jauregui. Have you been taking your birth control at the same time everyday? And have you been taking it everyday?" she asks. Shit. I don't think I took it that morning when I was at Normani's. I shake my head and say,

"I forgot to take it one day." She nods her head and says,

"Well that is most likely why." The doctor says and then continues,

"I think we're all done here. Unless you have any questions?" she asks and I say,

"Can….can I see it?"

"Sure. We can give you an ultrasound. Are you alright with that?" she asks and I nod and she leaves the room.

So many thoughts are running through my mind right now. What am I going to do? Whose is this? If my birth control hasn't been working then it could be either Ally or Normani. God! Ally will probably leave me and I don't know what Normani will do!

The doctor comes back in with a machine and another person.

"Okay, Ms Jauregui. Lie back and lift your shirt for me please." Dr. Ray says while the other woman sets up the machine. After everything is set up, the woman leaves and the doctor sits in a chair next to me and the machine. She puts this clear gel on a wand and says,