Sick Day

Normani's P.O.V

Oh no. I knew the moment I heard the first sneeze that it was all over. Lauren is sick. Damn it. She hardly ever gets sick but when she does its complete hell. Don't get me wrong I still love her, I always will but when she gets sick…things get hectic.

I wake up to coughing and wheezing at…7:30 in the morning. I look to the other side of the bed and notice Lauren is missing. I get up and walk to the bathroom then gently knock on the door.

"Lo…baby you okay?" I say and I get a groan as a response.

"Babe…you alright?" I say as I walk into the bathroom. She's sitting on the tub with her head in her hands.

"Aw baby." I say and move to go sit next to her and rub her back and she lays her head in the crook of my neck.

"My chest hurts." She whines. I don't respond and throw arms around my neck and pick her up to carry her bridal style back to our bed.

I go back to the bathroom and grab some medicine and some Vicks. I come back to the bedroom to find Lauren curled into a ball on the bed and softly whimpering.

"Aw my poor baby." I say walking over to kiss her forehead.

"Okay baby turn over so I can rub this on your chest." I say and she moves over.

I rub the Vicks on to her chest and I give her some medicine.

"Go back to sleep okay." I say and she nods.

"Okay…can you come cuddle with me? I'm cold." She says in that soft child-like voice she always uses when she's sick. I nod my head and get in the bed. I spoon Lauren from behind and we quickly fall asleep.

The next time I'm woken up is by the sound of the kids walking around. I untangle myself from Lauren and go see what they're doing. I walk past the bathroom and see Carson using it.

"How many times do I have to tell you to close the door?"

"Sorry mommy." He says and I walk away. It's not really a big deal since he is only three but I don't want that to become a habit.

I walk into the living room and I see Carla and Andrea lying on the floor watching cartoons.

"Good morning munchkins." I say walking over to them. I pick Andrea up and kiss her nose.

"Mornin mommy" She says. I swear she is the most adorable two year old I have ever met. I move to lie on the floor next to Carla and kiss her cheek.

"Morning mija."

"Morning mommy." She says and hugs my side. I lay Andrea back on the floor and the next thing I know I'm being tackled to the ground.

"Good morning mommy!" Carson yells from on top of me.

"Not so loud mijo. And good morning to you too my little monster." I say laughing and then I start tickle him.

"Ah! Mommystop! Stop!" He shrieks and I hear the girls laughing.

"Say the magic word."

"Mommy stop! Or I'm gonna pee!" He says and I let him go instantly and he runs away from me.

"Mommy, where's mama?" Carla asks.

"Mama is sick mija." I say and she frowns.

"She'll get better. Do you and your brother and sister want to help me make mama better?" I say and she nods.

"Okay well right now we need to let mama sleep so she'll get better okay?" I say and I get a collective nod.

"Okay. Who's hungry?"