Comes To The Light

Lauren's P.O.V

8 months. I'm 8 months pregnant and I still have no idea if these kids are boys or girls or a boy and a girl. Its ridicules they just won't allow the doctor to see. It's driving me insane but what can I do?

Normani has been absolutely amazing but Ally and I have come to a better place, so I don't see her as often. Ally has been great. She's been to doctors appointments and has been really helpful.

Today has been boring. Because I'm so far along in my pregnancy I'm on leave from work and I have nothing to do. I would go see Normani but it's raining really bad outside. So I decide to text her.

Hey.

Hey Lo. What's up?

Nothing much. Just thinking.

About?

Can I ask you something?

You just did lol jk what's up?

What are we really going to do if the babies are yours?

Do you mean me and you or raising the babies?

Both I guess.

I reply. It takes a while for her to reply so I decided to lie down for a nap but as soon as I lay down I hear my phone ring.

"Hello." I answer.

"Yeah. Um where did that question come from?"

"Well…we are getting closer to my due date…so…"

"Oh…I haven't thought about it. I uh…I don't know. I mean since you're with Allyson I guess we would have to find a way to co parent."

"Right…but what…what if I weren't with Allyson? What if we broke up?" I say nervously.

"I…I don't know. Do the same thing I guess." She says unsurely.

"I…you wouldn't…you know…maybe want…to try it out?"

"Try it out? Like us…in a relationship?"

"I…uh…yeah."

"I…would you want to do that?" she asks and I pause.

What if I say yes and she says no? Or what if she only says yes because of the twins? I don't think my heart could take her just wanting to be with me because she feels obligated. Or she feels that it's the right thing to do. That she needs to be with me because of the twins and she isn't happy. She'll feel tied down and unhappy.

"Hello?" She says,

"…yeah…I'm still here." I say softly into the phone.

"I…can we talk about this later…I uh…need to get back to work." She says and I sigh.

"Yeah…sure. Bye Moni."

"Talk to later Lo." She says and then hangs up.

Maybe I should have just said it. Maybe if I just came clean…no. I know she would have just tried to do the right thing. If these are her children she'd just put up with me for them. She might have said it back but…meant it a different way.

I sigh to myself and get up to go to the living room and lie on the couch. I watched a little TV, talked on the phone, read a little and took a nap.

I'm woken up from my nap by the front door opening and closing. Hmm…that's weird. Why is Allyson back so early? I hear her walking around and she finally comes into the living room. She walks over to me and kisses my forehead.